Hunter Engineering Mechanical Design Engineer- Machine Design in Bridgeton, Missouri
Hunter Engineering Company is a world leader in automotive service equipment, offering state-of-the-art wheel alignment systems, wheel balancers, lift racks and more. Hunter equipment is approved and used by vehicle manufacturers, automobile and truck dealers, tire dealers and automotive service facilities around the world. We are currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer for our Engineering operations.
This is a lead designer position responsible for the development of alignment and inspection machines. This role will be responsible for creating new products from conception through product release.
• Developing mechanical components and subsystems through the process of investigation, specification development, design, analysis and testing.
• Design includes the selection of part configurations, materials selection and product structure documentation.
• Validate design through analysis and testing as well as designing test fixtures and special instrumentation where necessary.
• A Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering is required.
• 7-15 years machine design experience.
• Proactive self-starter with strong sense of ingenuity.
• Ability to work cross functionally with other engineering disciplines as well as other departments.
• Mechanism design experience.
• Electro/mechanical design experience.
• Optical design experience.
• Machined metal parts, material and heat treat knowledge.
• Casting and molded part design experience.
• System integration experience.
• CAD experience (ProEngineer/CREO preferred).
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
External Company URL: www.hunter.com
Street: 11250 Hunter Drive