Benson Industries, Inc. CAD Design Technician I in Chesterfield, Missouri
MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal - making our customers successful.
Aegis Metal Framing, a subsidiary of MiTek USA Inc., is the leader in cold formed steel truss industry providing material, software, and engineering services to our network of customers nationwide.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated CAD Design Technician to join our team. The CAD Design Technician will work directly with professional engineers developing engineering documents using CAD. Technician uses internally developed truss layout software built upon AutoCAD Architecture and other internal software to facilitate the creation of engineering documents including truss bracing layout and related details. Other duties include communication with customers and internal team members including the engineering and software teams.
- Use two internal truss layout software packages to facilitate the creation of bracing layout drawings
- Prepare engineering drawing under a supervising professional engineer using internal computer aided design (CAD) software
- Use additional design tools (software and spreadsheet) to design bracing material
- Design Cold-Formed Metal trusses using internal software
- Manage workload on multiple projects at a given time
- Continually seek to improve internal software working with the software team
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education: Associates in Science Degree with an emphasis in computer aided design OR completion of an accredited technical school’s CAD program.
- Experience: 1-4 years of experience in AutoCAD 3D or other CAD software
- Computer Skills: AutoCAD (3D modeling), Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook
- Other Requirements: Strong written and verbal communications skill working with customers and internal purpose partners
Application for Position:
To apply, please visit http://mitekcareers.silkroad.com. You will be asked to complete a profile and upload a resume for consideration.
* *At MiTek CUSTOMERS and ASSOCIATES are always FIRST!
MiTek is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, our organizations do not allow discrimination in their hiring/employment decisions based on race, creed, color, veteran status, sex, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an E-Verify Employer, Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace
Tracking Code: P02649
Job Location: Chesterfield, Missouri, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular