Schneider Electric Senior Electronic Engineer in Columbia, Missouri
Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Schneider Electric has an opening in it's Columbia, Missouri Plant for a Senior Electronics Engineer.
The successful candidate gets to perform specific engineering work related to applications, electrical/electronics, mechanical, manufacturing, quality, safety, health environmental, and/or software. Additionally, they will work on problems where analysis of situations or data requires in depth evaluation factors. The ability to design, modify, plan and evaluate computer-controlled equipment in the manufacturing setting (using experience with inductance capacitance resistance meters; and electronic probes, including Multimeter Signal Generator and Oscilloscope) will be required.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversight of the construction of equipment - Troubleshooting and maintaining computer-controlled equipment
- Ability to operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks using experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) software including either Autodesk, AutoCAD, or SolidWorks
- Preparation of engineering sketches and specifications for construction, relocation, and installation of equipment, facilities, products, and systems.
- Confer with engineers, customers, vendors or others to discuss existing and potential engineering projects
- Analyze system requirements and customer needs to determine feasibility of project and develop system plan.
- Develop and perform operational, maintenance, for electronic products, components, equipment, and systems
- Provide technical support and instruction to staff regarding equipment standards, assisting with specific, difficult inservice engineering using experience with PLC and HMI; robotics; and Industrial Networking including Interbus and TCP/ IP communication protocol, RS485, RS232, and Ethernet interfaces
- Inspect electronic equipment, instruments and systems to ensure conformance to specifications, safety standards, and applicable codes and regulations.
May travel occasionally for training and to help with equipment transfer into, or out of the plant.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering or related field and 2 or more years of experience in electronics engineering or related field.
This position also requires experience with: inductance capacitance resistance meters; electronic probes, including Multimeter Signal Generator and Oscilloscope; Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and Human Machine Interface (HMI); robotics; Computer Aided Design (CAD) software, including either Autodesk, AutoCAD, or SolidWorks; and Industrial Networking, including Interbus and TCP/IP communication protocol, RS485, RS232, and Ethernet interfaces.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Primary Location: US-Missouri-Columbia
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 005FWO