LMI Aerospace Laboratory Tech 1 in Cuba, Missouri
This is an entry-level position in which you will learn and be responsible for performing laboratory testing on a daily basis including, but not limited to, pH, TDS, Chrome, Settleable Solids testing, etc.; acquiring data via pH, TDS, Temperature, and Colorimeter meters, as well as other laboratory duties in accordance with instructions given by the Laboratory Supervisor or by a qualified trainer under direct supervision. You will learn how to set up and operate machinery, such as the AutoVac 230 and 360, the gas powered solution pumps, and shop vacuums.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
• Assure proper chemical tank operating solution levels.
• Temperature verification of penetrant water and ovens.
• Cleaning and proper care of drum pump, vacuum, meters and other lab equipment.
• Clean the loop steam heater.
• Clean out tanks for new makeup.
• Determine etch rates.
• pH/TDS meter set-up and operation.
• Monitoring and handling adjustments needed to keep the waste water pH stabilized.
• Set up and operate Alar Auto-Vac 360/Alar Auto-Vac 230.
• Learn to interpret applicable specifications, both customer-imposed and in-house, for each type of testing being performed.
• Keep Laboratory, Chemical Storage Area, and any other area that the Laboratory is responsible for clean and organized.
Other Job Duties include but are not limited to:
• Reading and understanding work order requirements.
• Handle and transport hazardous waste in accordance with environmental and safety regulations.
• Operate hand truck and forklift, with appropriate certification.
• Handles customer-supplied product with care.
• Maintain and reinforce LMI’s quality standards to meet and exceed customer expectations
• Manages time effectively so that production, quality and delivery schedules are met.
• Keep Lab area clean and organized per company Ultraclean/6S requirements.
• Interacts professionally with co-workers and vendors, understands internal customers, and strives to maintain good relations with others.
• Adhere to all safety requirements, and enforce compliance.
• Must be available to work overtime, when required, including weekends.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Laboratory Supervisor, Laboratory Lead or trainer.
• Embraces change to ensure overall success of the company.
LMI is an equal employment opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, LMI provides access and opportunities to those with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who seek to access the company’s online application system. If an applicant is unable to fully access the online application system, LMI will provide a reasonable accommodation. Applicants with disabilities may contact us at 636-916-2400 for assistance accessing the on-line application system. Callers should have a detailed description of the requested accommodation, their name and preferred method of contact ready for LMI‘s Human Resources Department. LMI will make every effort to respond within two (2) business days. This phone number is not for the general submission of application materials.
LMI is an E-Verify Employer.
LMI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veterans Employer
Who we are
LMI is a world-class leader in designing, building and manufacturing aerospace structures, systems and components for commercial, business and regional, and military aerospace customers. We employ more than 2,000 engineering, manufacturing and testing experts in 19 locations throughout the United States, Mexico, and Sri Lanka. Our integrated team approach and full life cycle of capabilities enable our employees to take advantage of a wide range of opportunities for career growth within our organization.