Belcan Electrical Estimator in Fenton, Missouri
Job Number: 221204
Description: An Electrical Estimator job in St. Louis, MO is currently available through Belcan at one of our key MEP clients. To be considered for this role, you will have a background in Electrical Subcontracting with 5 plus years in estimating. This is a very visible, direct hire position with one of the very top electrical contractors in the St. Louis MO area.
• Perform basic take-offs from design/construction drawings and blueprints.
• Record take-off counts into estimating software and all take-off tools (designations, hotlist, and assemblies, etc.)
• Determine basic material requirements from electrical technical specifications.
• Create breakdowns, maintain and keep updated labor, expenses, and final pricing sheets.
• Input information/clarifications and any risk items found during take-off and review that may be important to the scope/clarification document.
• Ability to navigate through the NEC (National Electric Code) for specific references and utilize tables applicable to take-offs.
• Maintain estimating software (Accubid) material and labor databases for Site database, coordinate this with Corporate Central Estimating.
Requirements: SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE:
• Proficient in creating Working Drawings Estimates, Design Development Estimates, Design Build Estimates, and Conceptual Estimates for the following types of projects:
o Commercial Projects
o Industrial Projects
o Institutional Projects
• Minimum of 5 years estimating experience with an electrical contractor.
• Knowledge of estimating practices and procedures including blueprint reading and analysis, software input and data manipulation, takeoff techniques, and electrical systems and their components.
• Thorough knowledge of NEC requirements.
• Thorough understanding of labor risk factors including but not limited to location, weather, labor availability, installation difficulty, and scheduling.
• Ability to design basic systems with rudimentary information
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook)
• Experience with estimating software (Accubid preferred) including the use of custom designations, bid summaries, item substitutions, special reporting, and job exporting.
• Superior Math and Critical Thinking skills.
• Experience working with Bluebeam Revu a plus.
• Excellent leadership skill
• Excellent communication skills
If you are interested in this Senior Electrical Estimator job in St. Louis, MO, please apply via the “apply now” link provided. Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com
Location: Fenton , MO
Minimum Experience (yrs):
Required Education: Not Specified
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart