Universal Forest Products Maintenance Mechanic I in Harrisonville, Missouri
- High school diploma
- Minimum 1 year of experience in machine repair in maintenance.
Skills and abilities
Ability to understand and use basic math and numbers.
Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
- Demonstrates ability to use precision measuring instruments or tools, and to use manual tools.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions in English; ability read and write English
- Ability to identify safety issues in their work area
- Ability to work under immediate supervision
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to work hours mandated by management
- Safety conscious
- Team player and goal oriented
- Leads by example
- Participates in Safety and CI programs
Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
Performs regular, preventative maintenance on all machinery, equipment, tools and building.
Assists in repair of woodworking machinery, infeed/outfeed systems, hand tools and forklifts in accordance with diagrams, operating manuals and manufacturer specifications.
Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled.
Performs duties consistent with established safety rules and procedures.
Maintains work area clean and organized
Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
Prepares various reports as required.
Performs other duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled