Cardinal Health Engineering Technician III in Hazelwood, Missouri
What Product Test and Calibration contributes to Cardinal Health
Product Test & Calibration sets up, aligns, monitors, and/or calibrates production equipment. Assists and may perform maintenance on machines and cleans up minor chemical spills in assigned area as well as glassware, ovens, and other equipment.
This position is responsible for providing technical support at a senior level to new product development projects. This individual is expected to be highly proficient in the various competencies relevant to their job. May act as a lead to more junior technical or administrative staff. Requires limited supervision; no instructions are needed on routine work, and general instructions are given on new work or special assignments
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information/methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses/training/certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined Standard Operating Procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works with moderate degree of supervision. Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor
- Under general supervision, follows testing protocols, selects appropriate test fixtures and set-ups.
- Assists in test method development.
Protocol/Report Writing / Data Statistical Analysis
- Under direction, writes protocols.
- Enters data into a statistical software program.
- Writes reports including data, analysis, and observations from testing performed according to protocols.
- Performs statistical analysis using MiniTab (or equivalent statistical software).
- Selects statistical tools to perform analysis.
- Capable of running multiple tools to characterize the data set based on the objective of the testing.
- Maintains laboratory supplies.
- Aids in maintaining calibration and repair of equipment.
Time Management & Prioritization Skills
- Independently follows agreed upon path/strategy/priority with minimal follow up or one-on-one direction.
- Ability to multi-task in an environment of competing priorities and appropriately reach out to management for help in prioritizing activities/goals.
- High School/GED minimum; Associate/Bachelor degree preferred(technical degree in functional area)
- 3-5 years applicable experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft office preferred
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.