CDM Smith Louis Perry Group - Senior Estimator in Independence, Missouri
*Position can be based in any of our CDM Smith offices *
Outline of Responsibilities:
Provides full estimating services or prepares portions of estimates for their specialty for large size projects of high complexity. Gives administrative and technical direction. Ensures that corporate objectives are met.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares design/build, engineer, construction management, guaranteed maximum price, and hard-bid estimates/proposals. Analyzes quotations both prior to and on bid day. Evaluates bids of sub-contractors and suppliers for completeness of scope of work, delivery time, and compliance with the specifications and other requirements.
• Enters quantity take-offs and material unit pricings as applicable to project. Recognizes and applies appropriate work breakdown structure (WBS) structure. Processes and identifies complete scope of project with limited levels of design definition.
• Prepares opinions of probable construction cost estimates to applicable discipline. Develop subcontractor and vendor scopes and reviews same for completeness.
• Assists in coordination of overall corporate estimating functions.
• Contact subcontractors and suppliers for outsource pricing.
• May provide guidance to more junior staff in estimating procedures and the use of estimating software.
• Manages bid day and close out activities.
• Performs additional duties as required.
Louis Perry Group - Senior Estimator
CDM Smith Employment Type:
At a minimum, the Senior Estimator shall have the following:
• a high school diploma or equivalent, and
• eight (8) years of related experience
• conceptual estimating skills
• capable of converting early FEL studies into comprehensive construction estimates
The Louis Perry Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed Louis Perry Group Placement Agreement from the Louis Perry Group Recruiting Lead to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the Louis Perry Group staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to the Louis Perry Group and any resume submitted to any employee outside of the Louis Perry Group’s Recruiting Lead will be considered property of the Louis Perry Group. The Louis Perry Group will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Why Louis Perry?:
Louis Perry & Associates:
Built on a foundation of strong values, high morals, integrity and passion, Louis Perry & Associates will not only provide you with a rewarding career but the encouragement and tools to become a success.
More than being one of the largest and fastest growing engineering and architectural firms in the nation, Louis Perry & Associates also offers a world of opportunity. From training courses and seminars to state-of-the-art technology and a stable, supportive corporate environment, we’re committed to providing the best for our employees and securing the continued success of our company
The Perry Group:
The Perry Group is a full-service, design/build, general construction and construction management firm and a specialized equipment systems manufacturer. Over the past twelve years, we have built, fabricated and managed nearly $1 billion worth of construction and equipment projects.
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Necessary to Perform Essential Job Functions:
• Thorough knowledge of estimating techniques, estimating software, cost control and material pricing.
• Knowledge of Timberline estimating software tools
• Reads and comprehends drawings and specifications and identify missing elements during design development
• Ability to perform conceptual estimates in multiple trades and review estimates in many trades.
• Ability to estimate many types of projects/contracts
• Good multi-tasking skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
• Strong personal computer and Estimating and On-Screen digitizing software skills
• Strong computer aptitude to include basic knowledge of Microsoft Office & Excel
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Team player attitude
• Understanding of building materials and construction methods; knowledge of procedures for construction and ability to read and understand construction documents
• Ability to make independent decisions
• Cost conscious
• Work overtime as required
• Maintain responsive, smooth relations with parallel operation within The Perry Group