J&J Family of Companies IoT Gateway Engineer in Jefferson City, Missouri
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Hospital IoT Field Gateway Engineer. This position can be located at any J&J operating site in the United States. However, a strong preference will be given to those located in Cincinnati, OH, Somerville, NJ or Mt View, CA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Medical Devices represents more than 60 manufacturing sites and 26,000 employees who plan, source, manufacture and deliver high-quality and cost-effective medical products to our customers around the globe each day. Work of the MD organization supports a multitude of product platforms, new products and delivery systems that are used in a wide range of procedures throughout the healthcare industry, including interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, minimally invasive surgery, hospital sterilization, clinical laboratory testing, diabetes management, joint replacement surgery and vision care.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The IT R&D Product Innovation group’s mission is to reach more patients and restore more lives by innovating and enhancing Johnson & Johnson’s medical device products. We are looking for a talented Hospital Field Gateway Engineer to drive our new strategy for connecting to Johnson & Johnson’s medical devices in customer’s hospital network. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset, excellent communication skills, and a passion for creating new digital products.
When you join us, you will take on the following challenges:
• Create the vision, strategy, roadmap, prioritization, and feature specifications of a new virtual IoT field gateway device that would reside on a customer’s hospital network
• Act as the lead Business Analyst and Product owner on scrum teams responsible for driving and defining the launch and continuous improvement of the virtual hospital gateway
• Collaborate with other Product Owners, R&D product engineering, and the IoT teams to ensure seamless integrations into other J&J digital products
• Define, groom, and prioritize user stories
• Create and implement business processes, requirements, and user personas
• Partner across multiple operating segments including application development and Cybersecurity to realize vision
• Help define and manage the OS, virtualization, and technical stack strategy
• Continually drive product development towards an MVP that balances between user needs, business objectives, resource capacity, and technical feasibility
• Develop the go to market playbook for the installation, configuration, and management of the virtual hospital field gateway
• Partner with the R&D Product Development organizations to understand their connectivity needs, help prioritize investments, develop use cases, generate processes, and develop overall solution requirements including application definition, integration, security, and system configurations
• Lead virtual teams, manage project schedules and launch innovative new connected medical device products following software delivery processes
• Manage requirements from different directions, always orienting yourself to the concrete needs of the patient
• Strong knowledge of software development or engineering processes is required
• Experience leading, managing, and delivering software projects is required
• 5 or more years of experience working as a product owner or business analyst delivering digital products is required
• Understanding of Agile SCRUM methodologies is required
• Experience connecting to medical device products or hospital networks is required
• At least 5 years of practical work experience in an IT, engineering, or related technical field is required.
• Experience with highly scalable REST web services is required
• Experience with HTTP and TCP/IP is required
• Subject matter expertise in Wireless Edge Access Protocols (WAN, LAN, PAN, Mesh) such as LoRA, Wifi, RFID, Bluetooth, zwave or others is required
• At least 3 years experience delivering virtual software appliances installed on networked servers is required
• At least 3 years hands-on experience with Windows and Linux OS’ is required
• Bachelor’s Degree required in IT or a related engineering field
• Up to 20% travel, domestic and international is required
• This position can be located at any J&J operating site. However, a strong preference will be given to those located in Somerville, NJ, Cincinnati, OH or Mt View, CA
• Experience with Linux operating systems preferred
• Familiarity with Microsoft’s Azure Edge Runtime is preferred
• Experience with IoT protocols such as MQTT and AMQP is preferred
• Master’s degree in the field of computer science, engineering, or a related technical field is preferred
• Experience in a life sciences/healthcare organization is preferred
• Experience with R&D product development processes is preferred
North America-United States, North America-United States-California-Mountain View, United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)