J&J Family of Companies IoT Program Manager in Jefferson City, Missouri
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for an IT R&D IoT Program Manager. This position can be located at any J&J operating site in the United States. However, a strong preference will be given to those located in Cincinnati, OH; Somerville, NJ; or Mt. View, CA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Medical Devices represents more than 60 manufacturing sites and 26,000 employees who plan, source, manufacture and deliver high-quality and cost-effective medical products to our customers around the globe each day. Work of the MD organization supports a multitude of product platforms, new products and delivery systems that are used in a wide range of procedures throughout the healthcare industry, including interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, minimally invasive surgery, hospital sterilization, clinical laboratory testing, diabetes management, joint replacement surgery and vision care.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The IT R&D Product Innovation group’s mission is to reach more patients and restore more lives by innovating and enhancing Johnson & Johnson’s medical device products. We are looking for a talented IoT Program Manager to oversee the organization and execution of multiple projects to deliver our new Internet of Things capability for Medical Devices. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset, excellent communication skills, and comfortable presenting to senior leadership. This candidate will be a passionate change agent capable of inspiring delivery teams to come together to achieve goals they did not think possible. We invite you to become part of a team that is breaking new ground in the ways J&J builds IoT solutions.
When you join us, you will take on the following challenges:
• Lead teams, manage schedules, and launch innovative new connectivity products following R&D, IT, and FDA Design control processes
• Assist the R&D Innovation team with formulating and implementing global vision, strategies, and roadmap execution of J&J’s IoT platforms
• Leading the tracking and communication of R&D project status and performance against goals. Responsible for issue identification, resolution and escalation; managing portfolio review and other key routine meetings reporting to senior leadership
• Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities and workflows
• Partner with the R&D Product Development organizations to understand their connectivity needs, help prioritize investments, develop use cases, and generate processes
• Understand the end-to-end process for the systems related to new product development and process engineering of these new businesses
• Analyze and recommend commercially available software product, review strategic IT planning and consult with management to ensure agreement
• Develop, document and revise system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards
• Provide staff and users with assistance to solve computer related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems and identify appropriate and/or alternative solutions.
• Strong knowledge of software development or engineering processes is required
• 5 or more years of experience leading, managing, and delivering software projects is required
• 5 or more years of experience delivery software projects following FDA Design Controls (Class I, Class II, or Class III) is required
• Understanding of Agile SCRUM methodologies and how to incorporate those methodologies into medical device projects is required
• Ability to create a work break down structure, PERT maps, and critical path reports are required
• At least 5 years of practical work experience in an IT, engineering, or related technical field is required.
• Ability to manage the low-level details of a project while understanding the bigger picture of the IT strategy is required
• With little supervision, must be able to define, shape, and drive projects to completion while effectively collaborating strategically with others is required
• Bachelor’s Degree in the field of computer science, engineering, or a related engineering field is required
• Up to 20% travel, domestic and international is required
• This position can be located at any J&J operating site. However, a strong preference will be given to those located in Cincinnati, OH; Somerville, NJ; or Mt. View, CA
• Familiarity with Microsoft’s Azure IoT, PTC Thingworx, or other IoT Technologies is preferred
• Master’s degree in the field of computer science, engineering, or a related technical field is preferred
North America-United States, North America-United States-California-Mountain View, United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)