Unilever Quality Technician in Jefferson City, Missouri
We are currently seeking a Quality Technician in our Jefferson City, MO, Plant. The Quality Technician is responsible for daily quality activities to support the production process. We operate in a 24/7 environment. Incumbents must be able to work day, or, night shift hours based on the department’s need.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Analyzing bulk and finished product using a variety of techniques including, pH, Viscosity, Color, Odor and Appearance, Specific Gravity, HPLC, GC and FT-IR.
• Releasing product using computer systems to include SAP and MS Office.
• Some microbiological and raw material laboratory responsibilities.
• Calibrate laboratory equipment.
• Record analytical results on required reports and in electronic databases and spreadsheets.
• Check various logs for any errors and correct as needed.
• E-mail releases to distribution.
• Record key line performance and process performance indicators into appropriate tracking mechanisms.
• Collect line samples.
• Participate in operational project teams for quality improvement and/or cost reduction.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; this incumbent deals with all levels of internal and external contacts.
• Associate’s/Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Biological Sciences
• Minimum of 2 years of lab experience in sampling, testing and record keeping of raw, in-process materials; bulk products and finished goods
• SAP experience
• TPM knowledge and experience
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity PostersEqual Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with DisabilitiesEmployment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.