IQVIA Senior Clinical Project Manager, Internal Medicine (Home-Based) - IQVIA Biotech in Jefferson City, Missouri
We’re looking for a talented and energetic Sr. Project Manager with strong Internal Medicine experience including ophthalmology and/or GI to join our IQVIA Biotech Internal Medicine Team. At IQVIA Biotech, we’re bringing something new to the industry. A flexible model, therapeutically-aligned teams and dedicated resources working in a transparent partnership designed specifically to help small and midsized biotech companies move treatments forward. In this highly specialized and dynamic role, you will utilize your therapeutic knowledge to oversee uniquely-focused clinical studies. Working in a friendly and supportive environment, you will be recognized for your achievements and will have opportunities to contribute to department growth. At IQVIA Biotech we believe our employees are at their best when they bring their whole selves to work. From camaraderie to professional development, working at IQVIA Biotech provides unique opportunities to advance your career alongside a group of diverse, talented colleagues.
Responsible for the successful planning, implementation and execution of contracted activities. Assures the accurate transfer of contracts from proposal through project completion. Functionally responsible for all team members throughout the duration of each clinical trial. Assures clear client communication, process documentation, and compliance with Good Clinical Practices (GCP) and procedures set forth by IQVIA Biotech and sponsors. Supports the department director in development of functional training, mentoring, and definition of standards and execution of department goals including process improvement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for all activities related to implementation of clinical studies including:
• Manages projects of full scope regional and global projects. Responsible for project team leadership
• Responsible for building and maintaining positive client relationships
• Ability to negotiate with clients to assure IQVIA Biotech’s operational processes are maintained, projects are done within scope
• Reviewing and identifying project study trends and proactively responding to client and respective team members
• Developing appropriate early warning systems of potential obstacles to the successful completion of the projects; analyzes information and develops innovative solutions to challenges
• Identifying, define, document training requirements in LMS systems and assure project level compliance with study specific training requirements
• Responsible for change management on all assigned projects
• Responsible for assuring projects assigned are run according to SOPs and WP as refined in the contract
• Responsible for assuring project timelines are met as per contract
• Responsible for identifying processes which need updating and documenting that to the direct line manager or divisional lead
• Responsible for maintaining client relationships for all assigned work, keeping all project reporting current, and assuring executive management is aware
• In conjunction with management, assists with developing, documenting, and updating internal processes and processes required for consistency across programs such as SOPs, working practices, and related quality assurance forms.
• Provide other project support to Managers, as assigned
• Oversee delegation of support staff activities, as necessary
• Assists in the development and delivery of capability and proposal defense presentations to prospective clients
• Supports Contracts and Proposals with final project contract execution and CIS documentation by the project team. Represents senior management in negotiation of contracts as appropriate.
• Participates in the performance appraisal program by providing timely and accurate feedback regarding the performance of respective team members at least annually
• Maintains current knowledge of FDA regulations, and GCP and ICH Guidelines for clinical research.
• Responsible to maintain personal currency documentation for IQVIA Biotech SOPs, CAPA completion and timesheet maintenance including assurance or back-up PM staff at every instance of out of office
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Thorough knowledge of clinical research process from Phase I through regulatory submission
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) to express complex ideas
• Excellent and demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills
• Positive attitude and ability to interact with all levels of staff to coordinate and execute study activities
• Ability to manage multiple priorities within a variety of complex clinical trials
• Ability to reason independently for the purpose of assessing and recommending specific solutions in clinical settings
• Ability to set baseline targets, track trends and implement mitigation plans
• Understanding of basic data processing functions, including electronic data capture
• Demonstrated problem-solving and financial negotiation skills
• Working knowledge of current ICH GCP guidelines
CRITICAL JOB FUNCTIONS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ADA CRITERIA:
• Very limited physical effort required to perform normal job duties.
• Up to 20% travel may be required including international travel
• Must be able to secure a credit card cosigned by IQVIA Biotech
MINIMUM RECRUITMENT STANDARDS:
• Previous Management Requirements:
Nursing or University degree (US Bachelor Level or equivalent) in a health-related field with at least five (5) years direct clinical trial experience in a CRO or research-related organization with at least two (2) years management experience OR
Equivalent level of education and experience.
Previous experience in managing people within a scientific/clinical environment is required.
• Demonstrated Clinical Monitoring and/or Data Management experience required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills required.
• Demonstrated financial management skills required
• Ability to work independently, prioritize and work with in a matrix team environment is essential.
• Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
• Prior experience in electronic data capture preferred.
• Ability to travel domestically or internationally as required.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com .
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
At IQVIA, we have a vision. Where every healthcare decision is based on evidence. Where data science and human science come together to improve global health. Where new and creative solutions aren’t just possible – they are expected.
Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us. It takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage to transform healthcare. The 56,000+ employees of the IQVIA family of companies, including Q2 Solutions, are reimagining a world without the consequences of disease. We are brave minds bringing powerful ideas to reality. At IQVIA, you can truly make an impact in an environment where you’re supported to succeed.