Black & Veatch Solar PV Performance Engineer/Consultant in Jefferson City, Missouri
Solar PV Performance Engineer/Consultant
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Company : Black & Veatch Corporation
Req Id : 32183
Job Title : Solar PV Performance Engineer/Consultant
Location : USVRTL, KCP
Business Unit Sector : COR-POWER-PROJECTS SERVICES
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : No
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Functions as a technical specialist or in a lead role. With minimal supervision, applies advanced engineering techniques and analyses for problems and methods. Expands knowledge and skill set in area of discipline. May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas.
This position may involve a wide variety of diverse assignments including:
• Provide technical leadership and oversight for performance consulting for EPC, Owner’s Engineer, and Independent Engineering (due diligence) work with financial clients on transactions regularly exceeding $100 million.
• Lead and contribute to projects for solar resource assessments, energy production estimates, performance assessments of operating projects, siting, performance testing, feasibility studies, new technology evaluation, component modeling, conceptual design, and strategic planning.
• Collaborate closely with various departments throughout the project cycle – Project Proposal, Development, Origination, Design, Procurement, Engineering, Construction and Operations.
• Develop detailed performance test protocols and analyze actual plant performance against these protocols. Evaluate and provide risk analysis for EPC performance guarantees.
• Provide expert consultation on solar PV plant components such as modules, inverters, meteorological stations, and trackers.
• Assist with solar PV design optimization for cost reduction and performance improvement, including for engineer-procure-construct (EPC) projects.
• Contribute to business development with key clients including identification of key drivers, scoping, proposal development, and relationship management.
• Management of junior staff including supervision, career development, mentoring, recognition, and any corrective actions required.
• The position will also include exposure to other renewable technologies: distributed energy, storage, wind, etc.
A key aspect of the position will be to advance knowledge sharing, innovation and technology within the group as follows:
• Serve as a technical specialist with relevant knowledge and skills to provide expert consultation, quality control, and guidance to project teams.
• Actively foster knowledge management and provide mentoring to others.
• Review and guide the work of junior staff.
• Lead development initiatives to innovate new services and products, improve processes, evaluate new technologies and advance marketing initiatives.
• Identify, manage, and grow new business offerings.
• Represent Black & Veatch through speaking engagements and participation in industry meetings.
•Demonstrated Solar PV performance experience.
•Minimum of 6 years related work experience. Professionals with less experience may be considered for a mid-level solar PV performance position.
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly through formal reports, presentations, teleconferences, memoranda and email.
•Must be able to function equally well in fast-paced, collaborative, multi-discipline teams, and self-directed independent assignments.
•Must be self-motivated, with an ability to balance multiple projects while working under tight deadlines.
•Must be able to function well as a technical trainer.
•A working understanding of energy project finance is preferred.
•Experience with Microsoft Excel including VBA is preferred.
•PE preferred or willing to obtain.
Desired Skills: Microsoft Office suite, especially Word and Excel. Ability to develop Visual Basic macros preferred. Demonstrated experience in performing solar resource assessments and energy production modeling using PVsyst and System Advisor Model (SAM). Specialty computer skills including Python, GIS, database design, scheduling, Monte Carlo analysis preferred, but not required. Strong writing and presentation skills.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
Minimum of 5 years related work experience.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Most positions - depending on the nature of work performed as defined by the division - will typically require incumbents to have professional registration or licensure in their designated home office country, or be in active pursuit* of such registration
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Typical office environment, typical construction environment, extreme weather conditions, high noise level, safety hazards (electric currents, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to chemicals), atmospheric conditions (fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, poor ventilation). Sitting, walking, talking, hearing, reading, writing, keyboarding, driving, filing, reaching, stooping, crouching, bending, standing for extended periods of time, lifting or carrying up to 40 pounds.
Black & Veatch endeavors to makeaccessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at (913) 458-2147. This contact information is fordisability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickand.
Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Black & Veatch will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visitand register with our referral code: bv123. Once registered, Black & Veatch will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Geology, Engineering