General Electric Sr Data Scientist in Jefferson City, Missouri
The Sr Data Scientist will work with experienced team made of data scientists, engineers, medical doctors In this role will work in teams addressing machine learning and data analysis problems in a healthcare technology and development environment. It will contribute to the development and deployment of modern machine learning, operational research, semantic analysis, medical imaging and non-imaging analysis, applying statistical methods for finding structure in large data sets.
The Senior Data Scientist will be part of a data science and cross-disciplinary team on commercially-facing development and deployment projects, typically involving large, complex healthcare data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, medical doctors and end users from our partners.
Potential application areas include healthcare diagnostics sectors, portfolio risk assessment and operations optimization.
• Work with clinical customers and partners, or representatives of them to capture data and analytics requirements
• Develop, verify, and validate analytics to address customer needs and opportunities.
• Work alongside software developers and software engineers to translate algorithms into commercially viable products and services.
• Work in technical teams in development, deployment, and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics.
• Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods.
• Work with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics.
• Generate reports, annotated code, and other projects artifacts to document, archive, and communicate the work and outcomes.
• Share and discuss findings with team members.
• Communicate methods, findings, and hypotheses with stakeholders.
Successful applicant will be legally eligible to enter into an employment relationship under the laws of Hungary.
• Master’s Degree in a “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) plus some experience in analytics development for industrial applications in a commercial setting OR Ph.D. in a “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
• Collaborative with great communication skills. Easily communicates in English and communication in Hungarian is also preferred.
• Problem solving skills, ability to dive deep and decompose problems to find the root cause
• Passionate to enhance technical, medical and team working skills
• Be experienced with common computer operating systems (Windows, Linux or MacOS).
• Be experienced with software design and programming in general, with programming languages like Python, Java or C++.
• Have experience in modern machine- and deep learning domain and be experienced with modern tools like Keras, TensorFlow, R or other.
• Be experienced with MS Office or other compatible office applications. Be able to create documents, analyze data and create reports with Excel, create presentations.
• Demonstrated awareness of data management methods
• Demonstrated skill in feature extraction and realtime analytics development and deployment
• Demonstrated skill in prescriptive analytics and analytic prototyping
• Ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with department guidelines.
• Previous experience using independent thought processes to plan ahead, process information, maintain workflow and anticipate future needs of the team.
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to details.
• Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills
• Self-Starter, proactive, able to work independently with minimal direction
• Ability to quickly identify and prioritize issues, create solutions and meet deadlines.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills, capable of working within a globally diverse team across different time zones.
• Self-motivated, high energy and strong time management skills
• Be experienced with machine learning, deep learning terms and technologies.
• Passionate customer focus
• Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
• Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: Hungary; Szeged, Budapest
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.