Honeywell Ceramic Materials Engineer in Kansas City, Missouri
Ceramic Materials Engineer
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The candidate will participate in production support, research and development studies that may include designing, synthesizing, characterizing, and developing materials to meet product requirements. The successful candidate will enhance the capabilities of an ongoing research and development program, within a multi-disciplinary organization dedicated to advanced ceramic materials by leveraging industry standards, academic research and engagement with National Laboratories.
* The candidate can expect to: *
- Oversee raw material management and in process evaluation; analyze data for trends and adjust processing formulizations as necessary.
- Select, procure, and develop operating procedures for new equipment.
- Investigate new suppliers and technologies for improving production, quality, and part performance.
- Work closely with purchased product engineering, quality engineering, manufacturing and component engineers to resolve materials-related production issues.
- Collaborate with National Laboratories to mature new materials technologies for future applications.
The successful candidate will have a strong customer-service focus, and the ability to communicate effectively with customers who have limited knowledge of ceramic material evaluation.A willingness to work either as an independent investigator or as a member of a multi-disciplinary cross-functional team, depending on the nature of the situation; and the ability to generate accurate and precise analytical data, interpret data, prepare formal reports and make formal presentations of results, conclusions and recommendations.
Job level will vary based on prior applicable experience.
20 Perform material characterization laboratory testing
15 Research and development of new processing methods
15 Lead improvement initiatives
20 Test and troubleshoot performance of processes throughout production and manufacturing
30 Conduct design experiments and data analysis reports
You Must Have:
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance
- B.S. in Ceramic Engineering, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or Engineering degree from ABET accredited program.
- Three (3) or more years of industrial testing and analysis experience
- PhD or MS Materials Science, or related field along with significant ceramic testing and analysis experience at the graduate or Post-doctoral level.
- Extensive working knowledge of material characterization and techniques applied to materials properties is needed.Working knowledge of complementary analytical techniques (XRD, SEM/EDS, DSC, DTA, XPS, and Non-destructive evaluation) is desirable.At a basic level, the candidate must be able to perform advanced experiments, interpret data, and maintain sensitive instrumentation.
- Experience in developing material specifications or product requirements
- Knowledge, with experience in instrumental analysis including:
- Strong Leadership ability and ability to actively contribute to teams or work independently.
- Experience in the preparation and presentation of analytical information to all levels of stakeholders.
- Experience with raw materials selection, processing and characterization methods foralumina powders, silicon nitride, ceramic composites, and sealing glasses.
- Familiarity with military and public domain specifications for material definition and testing.
- Experience with the following processes:
- Header or connector assembly process: High temperature furnaces, Vacuum furnaces ,Hot Presses
- Basic Knowledge of Ceramic Coating,Additive Manufacturing, Ceramic Machining, and Glass to metal sealing.
- Experience using MS Office Suite
- IT skills beyond basic MS Office skills involving Analytical Instrument software, networking, and other computer systems use.
- Working knowledge of Manufacturing Execution System and Enterprise Resource Planning for planning, budgeting,and managing production and R&D activities
- Able to work independently with little to no supervision on all job responsibilities.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments
Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: req155073
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.