Honeywell Designer Senior Tool in Kansas City, Missouri
Designer Senior Tool
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The Tool Designer develops concepts and designs layouts for jigs, fixtures, molds, dies, and other tooling required for product manufacturing.
Summary of Duties:
- Develops design concepts and detailed layouts for complex special design tooling and equipment required for product manufacturing and acceptance. Performs project management activities and offers innovative solutions to significant CAD, manufacturing, and process problems.
- Supports and assists management with organizational initiatives and objectives. Serves as direct customer interface in the provision or designs, concepts, cost/delivery estimates, and other services required outside the Kansas City National Security Campus.
- Conceptualizes and designs product manufacturing tools, gages, and special machines.
- Provides engineering consultation on manufacturing processes, possible tooling and gaging requirements, and cost/delivery analysis. Will recommend changes in existing tool and gage designs to facilitate processing and production of the product.
- Reviews gage and tool designs for compatibility with product design. Where applicable, recommends incorporation of product changes to reduce tooling cost and delivery time of product.
- Guides the efforts of tool designers and senior tool designers.
- Uses computerized design and computer aided engineering tools to perform job requirements. Also develops and implements enhancements to existing CAD/CAE/CAM tools resulting in improved productivity, cycle time, and cost.
- Represents organization as direct interface with Design Agency, NWC production sites, customers and suppliers to assist in tool design related issues and new business solicitation.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes action necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified.
Candidates who present less experience/credentials may be considered for lower level Tool Designer classifications if business requirements warrant.
50 CAD Design & Modeling
30 Interacting with Internal and External Customers
20 Understand and Apply GD&T principles
You Must Have
- United States citizenship required to obtain and maintain necessary US Dept. of Energy "Q"-level security clearance.
- High school diploma or GED
- Completion of Tool and Die Apprenticeship program
- Two or more years' practical experience
- Extensive knowledge of tooling and product material properties, mechanical functionality, fabrication methodologies, and manufacturing processes.
- ProEngineer/CREO and/or SolidWorks CAD experience.
- Two years' of formal education/training in Industrial Technology or Engineering Technology
- Associate's degree in a technical field such as mechanical engineering technology or equivalent.
- Broad knowledge of CAD tools and the ability to recognize multiple alternatives in tool design normally acquired through technical training.
- Ability to read and apply Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing principles.
- Knowledge of material characteristics to ensure compatibility of material selected with tool requirements.
- Experience leading activities or projects in a department environment.
- Familiarity with production and inspection processes.
- Previous experience in a machine shop or tool making environment.
- Familiarity with the principles of trigonometry, and related mathematics.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Good Communications skills – verbal and written.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Nonexempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- Relocation Provided
- Job ID: req162223
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.