Honeywell Electrical Engineering Technical Specialist in Kansas City, Missouri
Electrical Engineering Technical Specialist
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The Kansas City National Security Campus (KCNSC) is a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) facility managed and operated by Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technology (FM&T). Honeywell manufactures sophisticated mechanical, electronic, and engineered material components for our nation’s defense. We research, develop, and deploy some of the most advanced design and manufacturing technologies in use in the United States today. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security.
Global Security is looking for an experienced Engineering Technician to support our mission at the Kansas City National Security Campus. The technician in this role will support prototype builds, design verification testing, and qualification of various products that will lead into production.
Summary of Duties:
- Assists in the design, testing and/or project management of new and current projects under the technical guidance of higher level Engineers or departmental management
- Evaluates and implements innovations and technological advances that improve quality, reduce flow-time, improve productivity, and enhance operational surety
- Executes test plans and performs verification and validation testing of prototype circuits
- Proficient with electrical laboratory test equipment and environmental testing equipment
- Support to limited production activities through the writing of work instructions, supporting fabrication and testing, etc
May perform other duties as required
25 Process Support and Improvement
25 Update and Processing Documentation
25 Design cost-effective methods of testing
25 Troubleshooting systems and product
You Must Have:
- U.S. Citizenship to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy Q-Level Security Clearance
- Minimum five years experience in an engineering, manufacturing, or related role
- Two year technical degree or four year degree in related field of study
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology or related discipline.
- Environmental testing experience
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Strong computer aptitude
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Circuit board design and layout aptitude
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with other individuals in a team or project setting
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Nonexempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: req149756
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.