Praxair, Inc. Facilities Manager in Kansas City, Missouri
The Facilities Manager leads the operations and distribution teams for the Kansas City, MO and Dodge City, KS sites. These sites consist of an air separation plant, Nitrogen liquefier, CO2 plant, distribution activities and associated production support equipment. This position has the primary accountability for ensuring the safety performance of all personnel on these sites. The Facilities Manager works closely with and reports to the North Region Operations Manager.
Supervises and ensures training of facility technicians and drivers.
Implements and maintains safety programs.
Meets fixed and variable cost commitments
Executes reliability programs
Complies with internal policies, quality systems as well as governmental regulations
Effective communication critical to success
The Facilities Manager will:
1) Manage the operation of the plants and associated equipment to continuously supply products in quantities and qualities safely and economically, complying with all environmental regulations and daily customer requirements.
2) Maximizes reliability in order to avoid unscheduled shutdowns resulting in interruption of supply to customers through daily monitoring, corrective action and engagement with the reliability and maintenance organizations.
3) Maximizes efficiency of production units. Drives productivity through both locations.
4) Effectively communicates to technicians, drivers, superintendent(s), North Region Management, plant engineers, support groups, and the commercial group.
5) Keeps the region informed of deviations to operating plan and provides recommended corrective actions.
a. Ensures unplanned downtime is communicated to the business team
b. Ensures operational and equipment limitations and/or risk are communicated to the business team
6) Ensures technicians are trained to continuously monitor and proactively check the operation for safety and efficiency. Ensures that management systems and SOPs are in place to ensure proper adjustment of controls in response to changes in operational conditions and strives to anticipate problems before they occur, including the following but not limited to,
a. Near miss and Process Safety event reporting
b. Key operating parameters are maintained within specific parameters
c. Ensures technician duties are performed and formal rounds are completed
7) Uses professional judgment in operating the facility safely, reliably, and efficiently at all times.
a. Is responsible for final approval of local SOPs and SMPs. Ensures that SOPs are used to start and stop major equipment and processes to prevent unnecessary delays and to maintain operational consistency and reliability.
b. Frequently reviews SOPs and SMPs in order to provide guidance in procedural updates, incorporates feedback.
8) Coordinates with the Northern Reliability Center and/or local maintenance to ensure action is taken on maintenance needs, PMs are performed as required and daily maintenance activities are communicated and coordinated with operations. Ensures the full use of the EAM work order system.
9) Effectively communicates operating instructions and guidelines to technicians. Communicates deviations as needed.
10) Responsible for trucking operations at both facilities overseeing 20 plus drivers, mechanics and associated equipment, i.e. tractor trailers and garage.
11) For Dodge City serves as the primary operations interface with on-site customer. Builds and maintains a strong working relationship with customer representatives and escalates matters within Praxair as necessary to respond to customer's needs.
12) Promotes a strong process safety culture.
13) Maintains the Dodge City facility which is subject to PSM/RMP regulations.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience and production experience in a leadership role - Required
3 years Management experience – Preferred
Experience working with union and non-union employees - Preferred
7 years Operations (Production/Distribution) experience -Preferred
Must be able to manage multiple priorities, drive issues to completion, and obtain results-Preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Primary Location Missouri-Kansas City
Req ID: 18002144