Hussmann Field Quality Controls Specialist in Kansas City, Missouri
Field Quality Controls Specialist
This person will support the controls strategy for all Hussmann factories & products by serving as liaison between engineering, manufacturing, the sales force, our customers, and FQS team regarding the release, revision, and troubleshooting of controls. As the departmental controls expert, you will serve as a mentor and trainer to the FQS team in the startup and functionality of Hussmann issued and customer specified controls strategies. The person in this role will aid in the investigation and resolution of controls related field quality issues and generate the required documentation in CRM Dynamics.
The person in this role will be proficient and capable of performing FQS duties as follows:
• Conducting plant and customer site audits to identify opportunities for continuous improvement of product and processes.
• Interact directly with customers, contractors, technicians, and engineering providing advanced level technical expertise in order to instill confidence in Hussmann equipment, installation, technical support, and service.
• Possess the experience to provide startup support on refrigeration systems and merchandisers as needed.
• This position is customer facing; therefore, professionalism is of the utmost importance as the FQS is viewed as Hussmann’s “technical expert”.
• In addition, this position is capable of influencing warranty expenditures by identifying and resolving issues prior to equipment start-up.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Must actively demonstrate and promote the Hussmann Behaviors for Success.
Illustrate a strong commitment to total customer satisfaction; act with a sense of urgency to customer requests; demonstrate excellent customer relations skills. Must be able to prioritize multiple demands from internal and external customers.
Provide startup support on refrigeration systems and merchandisers as required; direct and assist service and installation personnel in diagnosing and correcting operational issues on Hussmann equipment; investigate and resolve field quality issues in a timely manner. Submit field reports, solutions and itineraries through CRM Dynamics. Must exhibit fortitude in problem solving and issue investigation and resolution.
Work with Engineering, Suppliers, and Sales to stay current on new controls strategies and technology. Must have the ability to data mine and push for resolution. Strong team contributor. Support the concerns from peers and internal and external customers. Exhibit respectful courage when communicating relevant information to peers and/or leadership. Facilitate and administer peer to peer training.
Manage Hussmann expense account and resources with the utmost responsibility including adherence to the Hussmann Global Travel Policy, timely submission of expense reports and accurate accounting of resources.
Provide controls technical support, advice and training to assigned Field Equipment Reps in diagnosing and resolving common customer issues. This role is required to do regular reviews of product quality FRs entered by FERs; acknowledge review and provide guidance to FERs on the most efficient manner of resolving customer issues.
Conduct plant and customer site audits to drive continuous improvement in Hussmann product and process. Participate in NPD / DFMEA / Kaizen events.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum high school diploma, Bachelor’s Degree Preferred• HVAC experience preferred• 5-10 years of relevant experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills• Proficient in MS applications• Knowledgeable or trainable in Hussmann systems (Aftermarket, Tavant, CRMOD, QMS)• Proficient problem-solving skills• Advanced Industry product knowledge ; hands on understanding of complex refrigeration systems; advanced knowledge of electrical controls and equipment• Mobility within work facilities including manufacturing and installation sites
THEHUSSMANN®PROMISE:CONTINUOUSLY PROVIDING THE MOST CUSTOMER-FOCUSEDSOLUTIONS IN THE FOOD RETAILING INDUSTRY
BETTER BUSINESS ּ⋅ BETTER PARTNERS ּ⋅ BETTER WORLD
There was no position description available from Workday.
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Site Map| Copyright 2018 Hussmann Corporation. All rights reserved
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.