Danaher Corporation Field Service Engineer in Kansas City, Missouri
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
The Depot Service Engineer position is responsible for daily service and support of customer instrumentation in Pall’s Port Washington Service Depot. The engineer also supports sales growth, service growth and customer satisfaction. Depot Service Engineers are responsible for repair, installation, maintenance and calibration of Pall Corporation equipment sent to Pall’s Port Washington Depot.
* Customer Satisfaction in all aspects of the job. Increased throughput, decreased downtime, regular Calibration and Preventive Maintenance, regular upgrades as deemed by Pall Corporation technical staff. A clear advocate for the customer (internal and external) and a steward for the company.
* Call Set-up and Closure – Service Engineer’s are responsible for accurately adding Service Calls into Pall’s Service Management System (SMS), scheduling work and closing service calls at the time of completion. These actions drive accurate customer invoicing, relieve inventories of parts used and ultimately drives to our objective of accurate reporting for business management purposes.
* Drives a sense of ownership and urgency to ensure customer needs are addressed promptly and with an emphasis on a “first time fix”.
* Excellent follow-up skills to insure we exceed customer expectations, and close all outstanding issues – takes charge of customer issues and services as the primary customer contact for issue resolution.
* Strong communication and listening skills
* Understands customer perception and the associated business impacts, and is commercially capable of resolving customer issues in a rapid fashion
* Managing Call Escalations - ability to identify, own and track any issues with an account, according to call escalation procedure, to reach resolution.
Financial Management & Growth
* Excellent sales ability measured by the attainment of revenue goal by individual and their location. This includes annual growth of Service Maintenance Agreements, monthly time and material billing and the support of sales initiatives through lead generation.
* Achieve annual revenue target with expected year-over-year growth targets set at beginning of each calendar year.
* Manage individual expenses with on time monthly submission of expenses.
* Completion of weekly scheduling reports and participation in all Team calls.
* Able to effectively price and position Service offerings and agreements on both existing and new equipment, taking into account expected costs to proactively manage profit margin. Continuous Improvement * Leads by example to develop a robust continuous improvement culture * Assumes accountability around daily management and monthly KPI’s * Aggressively seeks out opportunities for improvement * Acts as a primary customer of DBS and leverages internal and external DBS expertise to map improvement plans and drive sustainable improvements Sales Support * Value Selling - add value to our service offerings. A Service Engineer must have ability to manage a customer account in its entirety, and when accessing an account, determine on where we can add more value by offering other services (i.e. rental units, consumables, additional or new equipment leads, service on other instruments, etc.). * Drive substantial new equipment lead generation from Service to aid Sales growth * Partner with sales to support current sales initiatives to drive growth * Less than 10% travel for Training or Support of Field Service Engineers
* Bachelors Degree * 3 years of field service experience Preferred Qualifications: * Bachelors Degree in a technical or engineering discipline * 5 years of prior field service experience in related field is preferred Position Competencies: * Highly computer literate (especially in Excel, PowerPoint, and SAP a plus) * Strong deductive reasoning and problem-solving skills * Commercial experience, including direct selling of products or services * Electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical troubleshooting, theory and application * Strong interpersonal and communication skills * Team mindset to work with and support fellow Depot and Field Service Engineer’s and service team members. * Inclination and ability to listen to various stakeholders (e.g. Customers, Sales, Customer Service) and generate actionable insights. * Successfully deliver results while quickly adapting to changing priorities and unforeseen challenges. * Sense of Urgency - must have the drive/motivation to take action. Must be able to prioritize daily activities and determine what requires immediate attention. * Strong Interpersonal and Communication skills - must be able to remain calm when dealing with difficult customers/peers and have strong communications skills both with internal associates and external customers. Must be a true professional at all times. Team orientated, positive attitude and motivator. * Ability to adapt - must be flexible and understanding with change as it occurs regularly for a Service Engineer throughout his/her day/week. Must be able to think quickly and respond positively to those changes.
Pall Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or protected veteran status or marital status.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-IL-Chicago
Req ID: PAL002374