Honeywell Industrial Hygiene Technician in Kansas City, Missouri
Industrial Hygiene Technician
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Develops plans, schedules, and methodologies for routine monitoring and surveillance activities and devises procedures for special surveys.
Collects samples, coordinates sampling events, and distributes analytical data.
May perform calculations to determine the levels of hazardous materials
in the environment.
Maintains project/program records and database administration Access databases that include industrial hygiene monitoring data.
Performs chemical monitoring/sampling activities.
Maintains Industrial Hygiene equipment for sampling purposes.
Assists engineers and technical staff in coordinating on-site subcontractor activities to assure conformance with quality, safety, and fire protection criteria.
May perform other duties as required.
Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established ES&H requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment.
Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified.
Every associate has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
50 Chemical Monitoring
25 Ensure compliance
25 Monitoring equipment and calibration
YOU MUST HAVE
- 6 months of formal training or practical experience obtained in military training courses or through a two-year technical school relating to chemistry or industrial hygiene.
- Must be a US Citizenship to obtain a US Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Understanding of industrial hygiene sampling equipment and how to use sampling media for IH monitoring.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and implement HS&E standards and procedures.
- Able to document information and data clearly and concisely.
- Good communication skills.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Nonexempt Honeywell Aerospace Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req147509
- Category: Health, Safety & Environment
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.