Exide Technologies Production Manager in Kansas City, Missouri
Responsible for achieving all established production and shipping goals and insure that the overall quality of the product is maintained with the lowest manufacturing cost possible. Provide direction to production supervisors and Shipping/Receiving staff.
• Establish and modify plant operations, policies and goals towards improving plant profitability in all areas.
• Communicate job expectations and monitor employee performance against set expectations.
• Manufacture all assigned products in conformance with established engineering and quality standards.
• Provide leadership in the facility that will actively engage employees in the achievement of all plant and company KPIs.
• Monitor levels of production, shipments, labor performance, scrap and rejects, and housekeeping. Take action to correct unfavorable deviations improve favorable trends.
• Insure plant and equipment is maintained to achieve production requirements and provide a safe and clean work environment.
• Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise employees.
• Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
• Lead and maintain the company’s performance management system for salaried employees, including periodic people reviews
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws, which include but are limited to; interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Lead the development of a high performing workplace culture, especially in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, communications and employee relations.
• Track and maintain production data and reports including trending and analysis.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 2 years of management experience at the plant level; preferably in the battery manufacturing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Experience with lean manufacturing tools (i.e. Build to Order Processes, Kan-Ban Implementation, Inventory Reduction).
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.
Requisition ID 2018-2058
Category Manufacturing - Operations and Maintenance
Position Type Regular Full-Time