Aerotek Production Operator in Kansas City, Missouri
This role will be working under contract to train to become a Team Lead once they go direct.
• Follow proper instructions on production work orders to ensure products are consistently safe and of superior quality.
• Safely operate packaging equipment.
• Adhere to all safety, operating, Safe Quality Food (SQF), and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) policies.
• Manage all assembly, disassembly, operations and record keeping of all packaging equipment including, but not limited to, fillers, cappers, sleeving, metal detectors and hoppers.
• Set up equipment for runs including proper safety checks and documentation.
• Follow product change overs, pack size changes and cleaning procedures between runs
• Take action necessary to insure continuous product flow.
• Complete required production reports.
• Take initiative to organize and accurately perform all job functions required to meet volume and quality of product scheduled.
• Maintain production areas in proper state of cleanliness and follow all documented processes and procedures.
• Coordinate equipment cleaning so that work is done efficiently and correctly.
• Assist with troubleshooting system problems.
• Assist in preventative maintenance procedures.
• Communicate clearly with others in quality assurance, warehouse, packaging and support positions.
• Safely operate manual and electric pallet jack to move materials.
• Support and assist with other production and warehouse tasks as needed and assigned.
• Regular attendance is an essential part of this role.
production, forklift, warehouse operation, warehouse production, lifting boxes
Top Skills Details:
Production Operator, 1st shift 5:45am-4:30pm Mon-Thur with OT on Friday until they switch to the new plant
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Horizontal packaging in a manufacturing environment.
• Mechanical aptitude and the ability to apply.
• Ability to operate a forklift is a plus.
• Ability to lead a team of production associates.
• Initiative to organize and accurately perform all job functions.
• Curious, with desire to continuously learn and to support continuous improvement.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Self-starter with the capacity to work with minimal supervision.
• Can easily adapt to changes in work environment.
• Positive attitude.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• Lift and or move up to 55 pounds.
• Read and interpret documents.
• Must be able to accurately perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and division functions as required for efficient materials management and production.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.