Honeywell Project Analyst – Materials Lab in Kansas City, Missouri
Project Analyst – Materials Lab
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
We are seeking an Analyst for our Science and Engineering Laboratory – Materials (SEL-M) and our technology consortium effort to work with senior technical staff to perform detailed, complex information and data analyses that assist in the accurate and timely execution of engineering projects. The Analyst will be directly aligned with several project managers and will proactively interface with management, engineers, scientists, university partners, and program management to assist project managers with forecasting and tracking the execution of their scopes of work. The Analyst works with project managers to access and leverage multiple business system applications to mine, supply, interpret, and manage complex data and update key project indicators. The Analyst also actively engages the team in two-way communication to facilitate project or action status, including with internal (e.g., program management) and external (university partners) parties. The Analyst will also use the collected data to inform project recommendations, including schedule and budget change requests and risk identification and mitigation strategies. The successful candidate will have both a strong customer service focus and the ability to communicate effectively with individuals with both extensive and limited knowledge of materials science.
* Note: * Candidates with greater experience may apply and may be considered for Project Analyst II or Senior levels commensurate with candidate credentials and as warranted by current business requirements.
* Duties *
- Aligns with project engineers/scientists to provide project management coordination, issue identification, proposals for resolution and overall execution of plans for complex, high value products and projects.
- Supports project managers to construct, leverage and coordinate detailed project plans in alignment with schedule and budget parameters for engineering products.
- Collects and analyzes project actual costs (labor, material, services, other) across multiple accounts and departments associated with one or more key engineering products or projects.
- Conducts comprehensive analyses of product schedules reviewing logic, durations, milestones;recommends interventions and corrective actions or solutions.
- Analyzes/tracks labor trends, forecast variances and current funding levels to identify need for baseline change requests (BCR).
- Engages and negotiates project related changes with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepares and delivers status communications, reports and presentations to customers, suppliers, technical and administrative functions, and management stakeholders.
Provides work content explanation and mentors peers as necessary.
50 Coordinate and monitoring contracts; analyze cost and schedule integration
20 Prepare and publish engineering technical/scientific metrics and reports
10 Analyze program performance
10 Maintain schedule and track milestones
10 Track budget and program financial data
* You Must Have: *
- US citizenship in order to obtain US Dept. of Energy "Q" level security clearance
- BS Business, Technology or related discipline, or a combination of formal education and 3 years product/project planning or military experience
- Minimum three (3) or more years of experience in product/project planning, scheduling and execution.
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience directly analyzing complex technical data and information in an engineering, scientific, or military environment.
* We Value: *
- PMP certification preferred.
- Microsoft Project, Oracle Primavera P6 or equivalent experience.
- Experience with IFMS forecasting, ePro software, ERP/MRP or similar.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications with emphasis on Excel.
- Knowledge of contract placement.
- Ability to use software packages to generate reports and organize data.
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision on all job responsibilities.
- Customer focus and adaptation to rapidly changing demands and expectations.
- High attention to detail/deadlines while managing multiple priorities and stakeholder interactions.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation communication skills.
Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.Nonexempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- 1st Shift
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req149966
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.