Burns & McDonnell Project Manager - Joplin, MO in Kansas City, Missouri
Our Transmission & Distribution global practice is looking for a Project Manager to support a large overhead transmission program in Joplin, MO.
The Project Manager will manage, direct and coordinate all aspects of the work related to the installation of new, rebuilding, and re-conductoring high-voltage overhead transmission lines and substations. The Project Manager will report directly to the Program Manager and is responsible for the scope and budget for their projects, the successful completion of the projects within the specified dates, and establishing and maintaining a professional and satisfactory relationship with the Owner, the program management team, subcontractors, regulatory agencies and any other project stakeholder.
Major responsibilities for the Project Manager will include:
- Prepare proposals, assist in presentations, and participate in contract negotiations;
- Provide overall management of projects from concept to completion including siting, environmental, permitting, planning, estimating, engineering, right-of-way acquisition, project controls, bid phase services, procurement, constructability reviews, material management, construction management, and closeout;
- Drive project schedules, manage scope, and control project costs;
- Assist with internal project financials, staffing, legal coordination, risk management, and human resource issues;
- Serve as primary point of contact with client regarding efforts such as client coordination, strategic planning, master scope management, budget finances, subcontracting, project staffing, environmental compliance, facility support and schedule attainment;
- Develop and implement project policies and procedures, establish project controls systems and implement the project execution plan;
- Work closely with the Project Team to confirm deliverables and services are being provided to client’s satisfaction;
- Report regularly on progress, cost and schedule metrics, procurement issues, safety or environmental concerns, design questions, potential impacts, and any issues requiring home office support;
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management or related field from an accredited curriculum. Minimum of eight years of high voltage transmission line or substation project experience with at least 5 years related project management experience. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus but not mandatory. Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government and public contracts on project-related matters. Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to travel. Valid driver's license required. In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
Job Project Management
Primary Location US-MO-Kansas City
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 192636