Collabera QA Performance Engineer in Kansas City, Missouri
QA Performance Engineer
Location:Kansas City, MissouriUS
· This position provides application expertise and support for quality assurance system applications/business functions.
· This position works under general supervision to monitor software quality and associated business/technical risks across the software development lifecycle and will be dedicated to support planning, developing test scripts, executing test scenarios, and analyzing performance tests.
· Execute, monitor, analyze, and report performance tests.
· Design, develop, and execute performance test cases and scripts through analysis of product specifications and software requirements, scripts which validate, to a high degree of confidence, test cases defined within the project’s test plan.
· Perform automated load/performance testing across multiple messaging protocols focusing on overall application performance - validating that application response and outputs accurately reflect business requirements.
· Configure and prepare proper performance monitoring tools and metrics (Sitescope, Diagnostics, etc...
· Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, logs, or code pieces to determine breakdown source.
· Ensure the appropriate testing and monitoring tools/technologies are configured accordingly with the test objectives/project team requirements.
· Perform data analysis when needed to analyze issues in Performance and/or Production environments.
· Work with Project Teams to establish test data in sufficient quantity to support the performance testing effort
· Conduct troubleshooting/performance test execution in support of remediation efforts as required.
· Analyze data and application changes and document their impact on the performance testing task (test cases, scripting, scenario execution, etc.).
· Ensures the test execution results fulfil the defined test objectives. Schedules/recommends test re-execution if necessary.
· Tracks and communicates task progress, status, and key performance metrics.
· Report defects found in testing diligently, promptly, and accurately, using standard defect tracking tools.
· Understands and considers standard concepts, best practices and procedures related to application development.
· Expertise in a limited number of programming languages/application systems while becoming increasingly familiar with additional programming languages and/or application systems.
· Working knowledge of multiple application systems/business functions with expertise in selected systems/functions.
· Working knowledge of business goals, software quality standards and best practices.
· Communicates effectively with all levels of employees, both technical and non-technical.
· Establishes cooperative relationships with departments
· Facilitates small to medium project testing team meetings effectively, accurately and timely.
· Searches for and identifies alternative and/or innovative solutions to technical problems.
· Uses planning skills to manage and complete projects on time and on budget.
· Exercises sound judgment when making decisions.
· Quickly adapts to multiple demands and rapidly changing priorities.
· Advanced written and verbal communication skills
· Bachelor's degree
· 7 years of experience with LoadRunner experience that includes using protocols Citrix, RDP, Windows Socket.
· 7 years of experience with HTTP, Sitescope and diagnostic tools Web Services or AJAX
· 7 years of experience with performance test simulations or performance analysis
· 7 years of experience with relational databases and SQL Query tools
· Knowledge of QA processes and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology