Alphapointe Quality Assurance Technician - Third Shift in Kansas City, Missouri
As part of its mission, Alphapointe provides preferential hiring to people with vision impairments (legally blind).
Alphapointe is a non-profit agency whose mission is to empower people with vision loss to achieve their goals and aspirations. Alphapointe offers a great working environment that's both challenging and satisfying as well as an array of benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, vacation and sick time, paid holidays and flexible spending options as well as a generous 401(k).
Job Summary: Responsible for ensuring products produced by Alphapointe meet all customer and Alphapointe quality standards and expectations.
- Inspect and validate manufactured and/or assembled components at Start-Up, In-Process and Final Inspection as required using various mechanical and software-controlled measuring and test equipment and gauges
- Maintain logs and record performance results in a timely and unambiguous manner using various computer and software programs.
- Advise Department Supervisor(s) or their designee by various means of any findings.
- Place on hold suspect raw materials, components, assemblies in the Quarantine system.
- Perform 100% inspection activities where necessary to determine conformance of suspect product, raw material and/or assemblies.
- Issue JOB STOP notices to manufacturing department heads when deemed necessary when an out-of-control situation warrants it.
- Adhere to cGMP and ISO 9001:2015 Quality standards.
- Other duties as required.
- Be prepared to assist other departments in achieving acceptable product requirements pertaining to Quality.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- 1-2 years Quality Assurance/Control experience in a manufacturing environment
- High school graduate (minimum) required.
- Be willing to study and achieve certification in Root Cause Analysis and other Quality Tools and Techniques as required.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extensive periods of time.
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime as and when required with notice.
- Ability to apply close attention to detail.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as individually
- End User / customer focused.
- Require basic computer skills.
- cGMP working conditions, the use of hair protection devices and cotton gloves are mandatory in certain parts of the manufacturing facility
- Work Hours - Third Shift 11p-7a
Alphapointe is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Department: Quality Assurance
Location: Kansas City, MO