Honeywell Sensor Engineer in Kansas City, Missouri
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The Kansas City National Security Campus (KCNSC) is a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) facility managed and operated by Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technology (FM&T). Our primary business is to manufacture sophisticated mechanical, electronic, and engineered material components for our nation’s defense system. Our goal is to seek innovative solutions that surpass our customers’ expectations. To accomplish this, we research, develop, and deploy some of the most advanced design and manufacturing technologies in use in the United States today.
This opportunity is for an engineer experienced with sensor selection and system integration to be a project leader within our sensors group. This individual should be able to work with a diverse team of hourly assemblers, techs, engineers, and program/project managers. They will also be responsible to work directly with the customer to define the project scope, write white papers, and negotiate schedule and deliverables.
Summary of Duties:
- Performs project planning and manages project resources, including multiple individuals and disciplines, to achieve quality, delivery, and cost objectives.
- Conducts research and development experiments to resolve complex engineering and quality problems involving highly technical, scientific methods.
- Writes technical reports on results and conclusions drawn from experiments conducted and incorporates findings informal specifications.
- Estimates set-up times, flowtimes, costs of production and acceptance equipment, and compiles cost estimates and delivery quotations, monitors performance, and prepares reports, statistics, and recommendations for management review.
- Participates in establishing operating procedure and inspection word directions on new products and components.
- Defines and recommends new designs, design changes, and alternate designs of instruments, and test equipment, and orders tooling, gaging, and equipment necessary to assure product quality.
- Plans and performs engineering testing and development programs and uses advanced statistical and scientific methods to address and resolve critical engineering and production problems to assure product manufacturability.
- Determines acceptability of processes and materials in conjunction with customers, design agency, quality, and other affected organizations.
- Interacts with customers, design agency and/or supplier counterparts to resolve moderate to complex design, development, production and acceptance issues.
- Mentors new in career engineers
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
May perform other duties as required.
20 Plan and execute project tasks
20 Ensure project and product compliance
20 Establish and follow methodologies
20 Propose technical improvements
20 Present to leadership and external customers
YOU MUST HAVE
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Nuclear, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Computer Science) from an ABET accredited program
- Minimum 5 years of applied engineering experience with sensor technology, applications and system integration
- 7 + year’s progressive engineering experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management and team leadership experience.
- High level trouble shooting skills and failure analysis skills.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, and has the ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities with a strong focus on supporting the completion of project tasks on schedule and within budget.
- Ability to prepare and present project status briefs to NSC management, customers, and external IPT team members.
- Experience using MS Office Suite desktop applications, such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Relocation Provided
- Job ID: req137373
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.