CGH Technologies, Inc. Sr. Electronic Security Technician in KCMO, Missouri
CGH Technologies, Inc. (CGH) is a business solutions firm, specializing in Data Management, Software Engineering, and Business Intelligence solutions. Located within the Washington corridor, CGH has worked successfully with Government, Commercial and International sectors, providing management, development and maintenance, and support of large and complex environments. CGH has an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Sr. Electronic Security Technician to join the CGH Team.
Perform corrective maintenance on security equipment at customer facilities in the technician's area. The position is part-time, and because this is corrective maintenance only, we are unable to offer a set schedule or a minimum number of hours each week.
The equipment addressed includes access control, surveillance, intrusion detection, security intercom, and access video systems; metal detectors; and security barrier arms and gates.
- Ability to follow technical guidance such as circuitry; repair or replace equipment; troubleshoot complex security systems; assess and resolve security system problems; configure computers.
- Perform in-depth technical functions required to maintain and repair security equipment and systems
- Troubleshoot and replace components and wiring circuits, repair electronic equipment, and take readings using instruments such as digital multi-meters, signal generators, semiconductor testers, curve tracers, oscilloscopes, etc.
Number of Years' Experience Required:
- Minimum of Eight (8) years experience in maintenance, repairing, troubleshooting, or installation of security equipment is required.
- Two additional years of specialized experience with the specific security systems, i.e., card readers, cameras, monitors, access control systems, etc. (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) experience is not acceptable as specialized experience).
Minimum Education and Certifications Required:
- Associate's degree in technical related field.
Technical Skills Required:
Knowledge of advanced electrical principles as they pertain to security systems.
Security Equipment, CCTV, Access control, intrusion Alarm, Integrated Security System, Recording Video.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- U.S. Citizen or person with valid U.S. Work Visa who has lived in the U.S. for 3 or more years
- Knowledge of OSHA general safety standards and the proper care and usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to lift large and heavy objects, weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb and crawl to reach remote areas.
- Flexibility to work beyond regular working hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. including some weekend work, depending on customer commitments.
- The ability to work independently in a stand-alone function and to prepare all necessary documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Able to climb ladders, scaffolding, and work at heights.
- Able to frequently bend, sit, and stand for long periods of time.
- Good communication skills and follow through required.
Candidates selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
CGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: KCMO, MO, USA
Employment Type: Part Time