Jackson County Missouri Supervisor in Lee's Summit, Missouri
- Ensures the successful operations and maintenance of specific division operations, including providing supervision for daily maintenance of open spaces, trails, playgrounds, sports fields, picnic areas and other recreational amenities.
- Supervises park operations staff and volunteers
- Operates equipment, including trucks, trailers, skid-steers, tractors, and other equipment and tools utilized in the daily maintenance and improvement of parks.
- Supervises maintenance of water, wastewater, electric, and structural components of parks system.
- Manages special projects and assists with preparation for seasonal special events and recreational programs
- Responsible for inventory control of all assets needed for work projects, including tools, building materials, and equipment; financial assessment and budgetary controls are expected in this position.
- In the absence of the Deputy Superintendent, may have immediate responsibility for the operation and maintenance of assigned projects and the necessary associates and equipment by which to complete.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED. Associate’s Degree or higher in an industry related field preferred with 3-5 years supervisory experience, OR, minimum of 10 years of experience in an industry related position with 3-5 years of supervisory experience.
- Must complete division specific training as directed.
- Heavy lifting is required, at times in excess of 50 pounds
- Additional qualification dependent on department needs.
- Must submit to/pass pre-employment background and drug screen.
Department: Parks + Rec
Salary: $39,873 - $50,835/year