Electric Power Systems Electrical Estimator in Maryland Heights, Missouri
EPS Engineering & Design (EPS E&D) is the professional engineering arm of Electric Power Systems International, Inc. (EPSII). EPS E&D was formed in 2008 to offer a broad spectrum of capabilities that range from a simple relay settings change all the way to turnkey a 500kV power substation design project.
EPS E&D is looking for a Technical Inside Sales Associate to assist our sales team with bidding projects, prospecting for new customers via phone calls, emails and directories and growing our commercial and industrial customer base. The ideal candidate has estimating experience and has worked in the electrical industry focusing on the commercial and industrial markets. However, we are willing to train the right candidate.
• Prepares estimates by gathering requests for proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
• Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
• Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
• Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
• Maintains and improves technical knowledge through training.
• Coordinate with administrative personnel and management to prepare accurate customer proposals.
• Prospect new clients within the region.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Exhibit a professional presentation when dealing with employees, clients, and suppliers.
• Previous experience in a technical estimating role in the electrical industry.
• Knowledge or aptitude of electrical equipment acceptance and maintenance testing services, including high, medium, and low voltage applications.
• Experience or aptitude with a wide variety of electrical apparatus used in the electrical industry, including protection & control equipment, transformers, breakers, and switchgear.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Advanced computer skills, especially with Microsoft Excel.
• Experience with budgeting.
Good communications skills.
Proficient in the use of computers and tablets.
Effective leadership skills.
Must be proactive and able to work with minimal supervision.
Physically able to walk large job sites in various kinds of weather.
Possible travel, up to 30%
EPS in an equal opportunity employer. Our organization does not discriminate based on race, creed, color, veteran status, sex, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. We are an E-Verify, Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace.
Metro Area: St. Louis, MO
External Company URL: eps-international.com
Street: 11960 Westline Industrial Drive,