3M Boiler - Utilities Operator in Nevada, Missouri
Boiler - Utilities Operator
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“One of the best parts of my job is feeling the impact of 93,000 3Mers collaborating around the world and seeing the difference they’re able to make in people’s lives.” – Julie Bushman, executive vice president of International Operations at 3M
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Boiler/Utilities Operator, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
• Operate, install, modify and repair, and/or otherwise correct malfunctions of utility equipment and system components, such as, high pressure steam boilers, refrigeration, chillers, air compressors, cooling towers, pumps, gas trains, fans and instrumentation devices, in accordance with steam fitting standards and American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) standards, National Electric Code, and in compliance with all state and local codes governing HVAC, and piping systems.
• Maintain plant utility systems such as steam, plant compressed air, chilled water, potable water, natural gas, tempered water, and components such as steam traps, valves, etc. Read, understand, and appropriately change AC and DC elementary drawings and wiring diagrams in accordance with established 3M practices. Perform preventive maintenance tasks, including lubrication of equipment and machinery, following standard procedures as indicated on P.M. route sheets or in equipment manuals.
• Utilize the Direct Digital Control (DDC) to monitor, troubleshoot, set control limits, and adjust HVAC operating controls. Utilize the iFIX Control System to monitor, troubleshoot, and adjust components of the thermal oxidizer system. Know and apply 3M environmental reporting procedures during system upsets or non-routine production operation requests.
• Ensures all fixed fire protection systems, fire pumps, supervised valves, etc. are in proper working order per NFPA and 3M fire protection guidelines. Monitor indicators, meters, and recording instruments, evaluates information and takes appropriate action to operate plant facility equipment in a safe and economical method according to 3M and manufacturer’s standards.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
• Possess a High School diploma or equivalent
• Minimum three (3) years of industrial maintenance experience in a private, public, government or military environment, preferably, have boiler/utilities operation experience.
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
• Industrial manufacturing technician experience with Associates Degree in Industrial Maintenance and Automation
• Demonstrated ability to work on a fast-paced, deadline driven team, ability to work in a safe manner and follow safety protocols including, but not limited to, Lock Out/Tag Out programs, NFPA 70E Arc-Flash Safety, etc.
• PLC and automated manufacturing equipment knowledge a plus, basic Microsoft Office knowledge is preferred, Good organizational and work planning skills, Strong communication and intrapersonal skills
• Possess Universal Refrigeration License.
• Disciplined, problem-solver, logical thinking, troubleshooting team player with a strong work ethic
Travel: May include up to [5%0%][domestic/international]
Relocation Assistance: Not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here (http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/1274940O/3m-jobs-country-data-privacy-statements-external.pdf) , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
At 3M we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily as our employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to global challenges at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNews.