ClarkDietrich Contractor Product Sales Rep in O'Fallon, Missouri
Are you interested in working for a company that fosters growth opportunities, community involvement and a team oriented atmosphere? ClarkDietrich fosters a work-life balance and offers competitive compensation and benefits. Join a team that is STRONGER THAN STEEL℠, by applying to become a Contractor Product Sales Representative.
The Contractor Product Sales Representative is responsible for creating preference and demand at the contractor-level for ClarkDietrich interior finishing products, which includes composite, vinyl, paper-faced metal, and all metal corner bead and trim products. The Contractor Product Sales Representative will also provide technical selling, training and support for the regional sales team including the co-development and implementation of the regional marketing strategy for current and future products, identifying new markets for existing products, and forecasting to ensure that the strategic direction of a product is in line with overall company goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides field product demonstrations, training, problem solving and promotion for all assigned products to both residential and commercial contractors.
- Provides technical selling, training and support for contractors, distributors and sales team.
- Key contributor in the development and implementation the regional marketing strategy for all assigned products.
- Works with local and regional sales representatives to align contractor demand with local distribution to close sale.
- Develops and maintains a forecasting mechanism to provide a demand signal for new business to the distributor and the Company.
- Seeks out new opportunities and markets for existing and future products.
- Provides input on product development concepts, suggests modifications to existing products and communicates new product ideas to Product Manager for Finishing Systems.
- Consistent use of the Company's CRM system to provide feedback.
- Provides contractor feedback on product acceptance.
- Provides feedback on market and competitive activity.
- Provides feedback on promotional and advertising strategies.
- Represents and speaks on behalf of the Company in local contractor associations, where applicable.
- Attends local, regional and national trade shows as those opportunities become available.
- Proven resource and problem solver with contractor community.
- Willing to travel extensively, 10-12 business evenings per month (minimum 50% business travel).
- Ability to obtain meetings with key contractors within the region and schedule business travel independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially with contractors, bi-lingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- Knowledge and ability to make independent decisions on product application, usage and claims
- Must be able to multi-task, work independently and within a team structure
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to develop and present product presentations
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the construction industry, preferably at the contracting level.
- Drywall finishing experience is a plus
- Reports to the Director of Sales & Marketing, Finishing Systems.
CLARKDIETRICH BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Full benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts and Life Insurance)
- 401(k) with company match
- Annual Incentive
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement Program
- Community Service Day
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled