MasterCard Director, Product Development, Bill Pay Exchange in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Product Development, Bill Pay Exchange
As Mastercard seeks to define a world beyond cash, we are pursuing payment opportunities leveraging non-card technologies. The largest identified opportunity for Mastercard in the U.S. is in revolutionizing consumer bill pay. By combining Real-Time Payments (RTP) and Open Banking capabilities from Mastercard’s acquisitions of Vocalink and Finicity with our existing biller network, RPPS, we can bring a solution to market that improves this outdated ecosystem for all parties involved, allowing us to capture new segments of cash, check and ACH payments for the network. To win in the market, we will also leverage our strengths in brand, standards, consistency, trust and security.
The product director will be responsible for shaping and leading product strategy, development, initiatives, and commercialization of bill pay capabilities. He/she will work closely with the global platform owners, engineering and partnerships and other key partners to ensure the product is built to our business requirements. He/she will also engage key external customers in payments eco-system: Bank, Processors, Billing Service Providers and Merchants to validate market and customer requirements. He/she will also align with our Account Management teams to ensure the voice of the customer is being heard and incorporated in future product releases.
• Lead definition and development of consumer experience, product requirements, design and elaboration for the Bill Pay Exchange product.
• Own key features of the Bill Pay product roadmap and strategy, as assigned, and partner with the internal Vocalink/Zapp and RPPS product platform and engineering teams.
• Drive product commercialization of capabilities/features with external customers in US market.
• Lead product operations activities for Bill Pay including but not limited to product roadmap, release management calendar, pre-release notes, customer communications, voice of customer/voice of market, managing product enhancement pipeline and prioritization with global platform and O&T teams.
• Escalate critical operational issues to Real Time Payments management teams and discuss resolutions to ensure operational stability with the concerned delivery teams
• Ensure that delivery teams are held accountable for the operating objectives and standards of performance.
ALL ABOUT YOU:
• Relevant experience in product management, new product development and/or operations background in payment industry
• Payments industry knowledge and experience preferred.
• Excellent customer engagement, managerial and interpersonal skills
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across functional teams
• Consistently display positive, professional and approachable behaviours
• Excellent business acumen and commercial awareness - able to identify and work towards meeting wider organisational goals
• Working knowledge of, or expertise in, financial technology particularly in relation to billing and payments
• Bachelor's degree
• Based in Purchase, NYC, St. Louis or San Francisco
• Note: minimal travel required (10 %)
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-125318