MasterCard Engineering Manager in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Mastercard Commercial Small Business Product Engineering Team is seeking a Senior Software Engineering Manager, who will use their Full-Stack development knowledge to guide the team in the building of world class scalable distributed systems. He or she will raise the bar on technical excellence, show thought leadership, and communicate well to different audiences. This role will be based in our Mastercard technology location in Arlington, VA that provides a state-of-the-art environment for technology teams to thrive in a collaborative, Agile engineering culture. You will play a key role in how Mastercard transforms the B2B payments space using Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Azure cloud-native technologies.
· Manage a team of engineers (onshore and offshore) to develop a broad portfolio of diverse products;
· Provide hands-on leadership for a full-stack development team building and enhancing Mastercard suite of Commercial Small Business solutions in our service-oriented, highly scalable, multi-datacenter environment;
· Collaborate with other technical leaders in the development and execution of software engineering strategy;
· Inspire, mentor, recruit, and lead the best software engineering talent;
· Be accountable for the team’s code quality by performing code reviews and promoting engineering best practices;
· Raise the bar on technical excellence, show thought leadership, and communicate well to different audiences;
· Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies;
· Partner effectively with operations to ensure solutions are instrumented to be supported in production;
· Be a change agent for improving processes both local to the team and more broadly across the organization;
· Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment;
· Work closely with your teams to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
· Experience leading multidisciplinary (Software Development/QA) development teams;
· Experience delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment;
· Significant hands-on experience architecting and developing fine-grained services using modern Java EE frameworks (Spring Boot/Spring Cloud/Spring IO etc.) ;
· Strong architectural understanding for large scale heavily distributed and available applications, containers, Microservices, and Serverless;
· Active adherence to engineering best practices including unit testing, test-driven development (TDD), continuous Integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD), pair programming, automated testing, and code reviews;
· PaaS and CaaS utilizing Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) or public cloud (Azure) experience;
· Proven experience in developing 12-factor applications and cloud architecture experience;
· Polyglot application architectures experience;
· Polyglot development - full stack experience;
· Proficiency in one or more relational and non-relational DB technologies such as MS SQL Server, MongoDB, and PostgreSQL;
· Experience with Agile development methodologies including unit testing, test-driven development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Pair Programming, and Automated Testing;
· Reference Architecture creation experience;
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously;
· Demonstrated experience as a strong technical leader who can prioritize, communicate clearly and influence across cross functional teams;
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results;
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-111141