MasterCard Product Owner in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Do you want to be part of a collaborative environment?
Do you have experience managing projects including developing timelines and managing risks and dependencies?
Are you passionate about Agile, Lean, process improvement, and eliminating waste?
Do you have outstanding leadership, organizational skills and communication skills?
The Product Owner (PO) is a member of the Agile Team responsible for defining Stories and prioritizing the Team Backlog to streamline the execution of program priorities. The PO has a significant role in quality control and is the only team member empowered to accept stories as done. The PO role has significant relationships and responsibilities outside the local team, including working with Program Management and sequencing work in their teams and managing dependencies across other teams.
• Participates in Feature Decomposition (decomp) meetings to pull together Operations and Application team SMEs into collaborative discussions to reach a shared understanding of feature requirements and captures required information in ALM for teams to begin work
• Facilitates story creation in CA Agile Central (ALM) for impacted delivery teams and partners with Scrum Masters to facilitate team story backlog development. Completes any onboarding forms identified in the decomp meeting
• Responsible for gathering information from lead technical resources (Operations delivery teams and application teams) after decomp meetings if more detail is needed to develop system requirements in ALM. Identifies solutions for less complex and more common efforts
• Understands feature scope and reviews implementation plan, issues, risks, and dependencies with impacted teams to ensure requirement and timeline completeness and accuracy
• Develops forecasts for team delivery time lines using team-based metrics including, lead/cycle time, Work in Progress (WIP), throughput, and Cumulative Flow Diagrams
• General interest and passion for agile and learning agile practices
• Prior project management experience working with agile teams
• Familiarity with Kanban, the Scaled Agile Framework, Agile, or Scrum processes
• Exposure to agile work management tools such as CA Agile Central
• SAFe Certified Product Owner or other Project Management certifications would be preferred
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-79062