MasterCard Senior Test Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Test Engineer
Quality Engineering within MasterCard is about creating an ecosystem to build a world beyond waiting for all delivery teams to help achieve time-to-market, quality excellence, and higher customer satisfaction within all verticals including core, emerging payments, and value-added services.
Unlike similar quality/testing roles in other organizations, Quality Engineering positions at MasterCard require a firm knowledge and hands on software development skills on par with software developer to work closely with developers to build test automation, test infrastructure, and perform code analysis/review to enable development quality.
This position will be responsible for driving Quality Engineering best practices within MasterCard in working with teams to deliver applications and solutions that meet the needs of our stakeholders, including consumers, merchants, issuers and governments.
•Works closely with software engineers to build quality by ensuring proper test and code coverage, configuration quality, monitoring, early performance testing
•Develops and implements QA standards, processes, tools and methodologies; partners with other functions to establish testing requirements
• Documents performance test strategies and test plans; translates complex system requirements and specs into test requirements and testing methods
• Participates in requirements review and performance testing activities; monitors resolutions and retains documentation
• Identifies and implements complex automation efforts; replicates and resolves production issues for single application
• Defines and implements best practices for end-to-end application performance management solutions; focuses on emerging technologies
• Assists in vendor assessment and evaluates and recommends software development tools
• May manage medium-sized project/initiatives as an individual contributor with advanced knowledge within discipline, leading a segment of several initiatives or a larger initiative and assigns day-to-day work
• Translates complex system requirements and specs into test requirements and testing methods
• Acts as first-review for project-level reviews, walkthroughs and inspections
• Directs evaluation of manual testing tools for automation opportunities
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-109107