MasterCard Test Engineer,Quality Engineering in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Test Engineer,Quality Engineering
• Quality Engineering team within MasterCard is about creating an ecosystem to build a world beyond waiting for all delivery teams to help achieve time-to-market, quality excellence, and higher customer satisfaction within all verticals including core, emerging payments, and value-added services.
• Unlike similar quality/testing roles in other organizations, Quality Engineering position at MasterCard requires firm knowledge and hands on software development and architecture skills on par with software developer to work closely with developers to build test automation, test infrastructure, and perform code analysis/review to enable development quality.
• This position will be responsible for driving Quality Engineering best practices within MasterCard in working with teams to deliver applications and solutions that meet the needs of our stakeholders, including consumers, merchants, issuers and governments.
• Are you a software professional who is passionate about innovative technology and its potential to help create a world beyond cash?
• Can you plan test strategy and acceptance criteria keeping end customer needs – functional, non-functional, and user experience - in mind?
• Love being hands on and can write code to break software as part of ensuring highest software quality and stability?
• Do you have a motivation to help drive quality automation and self-service culture as a part of software delivery practices?
• Play a crucial part in helping drive Quality to help build and ship better products.
• Collaborate with our development teams to enhance our existing software development processes.
• Drive QE methodologies and help build high quality software.
• Partner with developers to improve and automate test and release processes
• Help make Quality as an integral part of the development process
All About You
• Exposure to agile and waterfall testing methodologies and tools such as RALLY and ALM.
• Knowledge in COBOL, CICS, VSAM, DB2, DB2 Stored Procedures, DB2 Utilities, and SQL.
• Knowledge in Java/C/C++ development
• Knowledge in Digital Native Architecture
• Exposure with a mainframe Source Control tool, and with a graphical application using the mainframe as its data repository, and creating Cobol Stored Procedures preferred
• Experience of working with other developers to ensure that systems are designed for reliability, performance and testability
• Experience testing across a variety of platforms: web and mobile user interface, APIs (REST and SOAP), and Mainframe and UNIX
• Exposure in building and using automation frameworks using technologies: Java, JUnit, Selenium, JBehave, Soap UI/Pro, REST, JSON and XML, .
• Knowledge of payment simulation tools (Paragon, FinSim, T3 or similar)
• Knowledge of ISO payment protocols (8583) desirable.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-60899