The Boeing Company Aerodynamics Engineer -Junior Level in Saint Louis, Missouri
Boeing is seeking a Aerodynamics Engineerin St. Louis to execute aero statement of work on one of these exciting product design, development and integration projects in the areas of Fixed Wing Aircraft and/or Missile/Weapons Systems. The Flight Engineering Capability supports the business in all aspects of the product life cycle with aerodynamic engineering design, analysis, testing, integration, demonstration and certification. This position will serve as a member of a technical team of engineers in the areas of vehicle sizing, aerodynamic performance and/or weapon separation in the design and analysis of flight vehicles and their components.
Job Responsibilities: * Makes use of and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts. * Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity. * Works under general supervision, and no instructions are needed for routine work. * Receives general instructions for special assignments. Work is reviewed for sound technical judgment and overall adequacy. * Contributes to the completion of specific project milestones. * Interacts primarily with internal personnel, including technical lead engineer. * Assists with the design and analysis of aerodynamic flight vehicles to ensure that requirements are met. * Supports the development of new and improving existing technologies, tools and processes to enhance technology readiness, improve vehicle performance and reduce cycle time and cost. * Assists with development of test requirements (e.g., wind tunnel, ground, flight, accident and incident and product support testing of aerodynamics characteristics) of flight vehicles. * Assists in training.
The Flight Engineering Capability is an exciting organizational element in Boeing Defense, Space & Security responsible for Flight Engineering work statements. Product areas within the Flight Capability in the St. Louis/St. Charles region include Fighter Aircraft, Unmanned Aircraft, and Missiles/Weapons Systems, and includes Flight disciplines in Aerodynamics, Propulsion and GN&C. The set of specialized capabilities and skills maintained by our teammates are the foundation of what defines the majority of our Boeing products; things that FLY! The St. Louis region is growing, and Flight Engineering is looking for motivated, talented engineers to join the Boeing team on the exciting programs located in this region. Selected candidates will work a wide range of programs that will require Aerodynamic design, analysis and testing to meet our customers' requirements.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- General knowledge of aerodynamic design and analysis principles, processes, methods, and tools for flight vehicles, including industry and company standard practices; and ability to perform aerodynamic analysis tasks.
- General knowledge and ability required to plan, conduct, coordinate, and/or develop test requirements; and general knowledge of multi-disciplinary wind tunnel, ground, flight, accident and incident, and/or product support testing of aerodynamic characteristics of flight vehicles, their components, or supporting technologies.
- General knowledge of vehicle sizing and performance principles, tools, and processes.
- Generally understands how aerodynamic, propulsion, or other factors impact vehicle performance and how they can be used to optimize performance.
- Understands the key elements of how the vehicle size is driven by performance and requirements. Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- *Highly preferred: Current active Secret U.S. Security Clearance.
- Internship in Aerodynamics.
- Master's Degree a plus *Typical Education/Experience: *
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Job Aerodynamics Engineer
Organization: BDS SEIT & System Capability
Title: Aerodynamics Engineer -Junior Level
Location: Missouri-Saint Louis
Requisition ID: 1800078250