Aerotek Chemist *$17 /Hr* in Saint Louis, Missouri
This is a team within the Analytical Labs that does inorganic testing for pet food and human food products. This team receives samples from the manufacturing plants, as well as external clients looking to identify inorganic compounds in their products. This team also supports the manufacturing for our ingredients, to confirm ingredients before they are used in manufacturing.
This position will be responsible for performing analytical testing of but not limited to finish products, in-process samples, stability samples, raw ingredient samples. Take initiative to work with others to learn instrumentation and become independent on tasked methods from start to finish.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES :
Performing laboratory experiments and testing independently or with other team members as instructed
• Work and help provide for a safe work environment
• Maintain laboratory space, equipment and inventory in an appropriate and professional manner
• Accurately process, report, and approve data
• Ability to efficiently and accurately independently perform and manage several tests
• Demonstrates excellent attention to detail, proactive planning and ability to organize and carry out tasks with quality in a timely fashion
• Takes initiative in delivering results on time and responding to needs of the team
• Responds to direction as provided and follows established maintenance of notebook records and documentation standards
Perform and document all aspects of the laboratory’s Quality Assurance plan
Assist in continuous improvement activities
analytical chemistry, quality control, chemistry, wet chemistry, atomic absorption
Top Skills Details:
bachelor, chemistry, AA
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
bachelor degree in chemistry or science related
at least 6 months industry experience (strongly preferred)
- AA or ICPMS experience/exposure even if it's through prep work
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.