PDS Tech Inc Scientist I in Saint Louis, Missouri
PDS Tech is seeking candidates for a Scientist position in St. Louis, MO
How will you make an impact?
Provides moderately complex analyses in a biology environment within defined procedures and practices. Participates in development of scalable processes with improved product yield and reduced costs in a biologics environment. Supports internal development and/or manufacturing operations. May research and implement new methods and technologies to enhance operations. Makes detailed observations and reviews, documents, and communicates test results; recommends solutions. Maintains lab equipment. Typically assigned to a specific discipline, such as analytical, cell culture, process validation, or purification.
What will you do?
• Conducts routine tasks and sample analyses to support process development.
• Records results in notebook accurately, clearly, and regularly.
• Assists with preparing protocols, reports, and test methods.
• Maintains and ensures safe laboratory environment and work practices.
• Helps to maintain laboratory and order common supplies.
• Executes, records, and evaluates experimental data appropriately, including the writing and revising of process development reports and technology transfer protocols as needed.
• Cell Culture: Learns and assists with the design and development of mammalian cell culture processes to support the production and manufacturing of recombinant proteins (including mAbs). Assists with performing media optimization, bioreactor process development, and cell culture clarification.
How will you get here?
• BS - in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, or a related field.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Good foundation in general scientific practice, principles, and concepts of discipline.
• Basic knowledge of GMP/GLP regulations in cGMP/cGLP manufacturing environment preferred.
• Good lab, problem-solving, critical thinking and effective communication skills.
• Ability to execute tasks and studies based on the deliverables.
• Ability to function in a rapidly changing environment.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to adhere to standards procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.