The Boeing Company Systems Engineer in Saint Louis, Missouri
Boeing Defense, Space & Security is seeking mid-level (Level 2) Systems Engineers to support multiple national defense programs in the St. Louis MO area. This unique role requires an understanding of engineering processes and the ability to communicate engineering requirements into a contractually sound technical baseline. The individual must be enthusiastic and hands on in their approach and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. The individual must be able to work in a team environment and collaborate with several types of engineering disciplines to execute tasks on-quality and on-time. Some domestic and international travel may be required to support customer meetings on a short-time basis.
Responsibilities include some or all of with varied degrees of supervision:
· Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
· Evaluates customer and /operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
· Coordinates various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
· Coordinates analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
· Coordinates the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
· Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
· Defines and coordinates customer’s technical requirements based on understanding the customer’s technical operations, capabilities and objectives.
· Refines technical requirements through coordination with customers to optimize products.
· Determines whether those requirements can be met with existing capabilities/designs or if new design requirements must be developed.
· Creates and manages changes to the product technical configuration. Monitors the design/build/certification process to ensure compliance and satisfaction of customer’s requirements.
· Works directly with customers to develop new design requirements for product features to meet certification, operational and service requirements employing the latest available industry technologies. Coordinates with appropriate engineering groups to ensure the feasibility of the feature.
· Provides technical coordination between external customer’s engineers, industry engineers and internal engineering groups to articulate technical issues. Prepares and presents technical information that addresses specific subjects of interest.
· Participates in developing market requirements for product features based on understanding of the feature’s technical capability, customer operational requirements and industry trends to support introduction of new features.
· Participates in developing feature configuration strategies by analyzing and integrating technical and business requirements from business units, programs, customers, engineering, suppliers, industry and regulatory agencies.
· Leads a multi-disciplined engineering group to ensure customer contractual requirements are met. Delivers status updates to customer. Advocates the customer’s critical needs to internal stakeholders.
· Documents engineering requirements into contractual language by integrating data from customer requirements, program objectives, product design/performance requirements, certification requirements to support business objectives.
· Analyzes and develops recommendations to resolve contractual technical issues at product delivery.
· Works under general supervision.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience.
- 2 or more years' Systems Engineering experience (or related experience).
Experience with military commercial derivative aircraft
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
Experience with Systems Security
- Experience collaborating in a team environment
- Experience with military aircraft systems
Job Systems Engineering Engineer
Organization: SSM Engineering
Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Missouri-Saint Louis
Requisition ID: 1800062620