AMRI Chemical Operator in Springfield, Missouri
Responsible for the safe manufacture of bulk chemicals, intermediates and API manufacturing. Various unit operations (reactions, filtration, distillation, drying, milling, etc.) are performed on raw materials and various stages of chemical processing according to written manufacturing procedures and SOP’s. Ability to follow and document per batch sheet instructions to produce product according to all cGMP guidelines
1) Continual walking, standing, reaching, and upper extremity use,
2)Frequent bending, twisting, climbing (stairs and ladders), squatting and kneeling,
3) Occasional pushing, pulling, carrying, and lifting of items weighing up to 50 pounds and over 50 pounds with assistance,
4)Work schedule is 8 hours, days, evenings or nights, weekends and holidays, 5)Ability to work outside in inclement weather and inside in extreme temperature variations,
6) Ability to set-up equipment for proper processing,
7) Clean and verify equipment and vessels,
8)Perform various unit operations including, but not limited to those described above,
9)Record observations of operating conditions, etc. within manufacturing procedures,
10) Train subordinates/peers within the work environment,
11) Respond as appropriate to a plant upset and/or emergency situation,
12) Medically fit to wear a respirator,
13) Ability to drive and operate a fork truck,
14) and other various duties as assigned.
1) Work prioritization or timing decisions with supervisory oversight,
2) Utility adjustments to maintain reaction parameters,
3) Maintain process flow through the plant while adhering to all safety, GMP and environmental regulations/standards,
4) Resolution of processing problems both independently and with assistance of other individuals/work groups,
5) Adhere to a high housekeeping standard.
Education and/or Experience:
The following knowledge and proficiency skills are required for this position to be acquired through:
A minimum of a high school diploma or GED, with strong math, reading and comprehension skills.
Must work with a minimum of supervision.
Demonstrated mechanical aptitude through previous employment/experience.
Ability to operate simple hand tools.
Organization: *AMRI Springfield
Title: Chemical Operator
Requisition ID: 1001527
EOE Protected Veterans/Disability