AMRI Relief Supervisor in Springfield, Missouri
The Production Relief Supervisor provides vacation (or other absence) coverage for Production Supervisors and the Logistics and Materials Supervisor. During this coverage, this position is responsible to direct all production activities normally carried out by the Supervisor normally filling this position. Additionally, this position supports manufacturing operations by maintaining Key Performance Indicators (KPI), employee training, troubleshooting equipment or process problems, coordinating day-shift production activities during construction and plant conversions, and maintaining various production records including equipment logs.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES :
Essential functional duties of the position
Provide vacation relief for Production Supervisors covering all responsibilities normally held by these positions. Requires working 12-hour vacation relief shifts for up to 23 weeks per year and additional relief days in support of the Logistics and Material Supervisor
· Coordinate daily production activities in Pilot Plant and up to four commercial manufacturing plants. Direct all activities of up to 10 technicians and chemical operators per shift.
· Supervisor responsible for all site activities (production, maintenance, laboratories and security) when covering plant during weekends and evening shifts.
· Perform and document second checks and supervisory review of critical process steps.
· Troubleshoot equipment and diagnose process problems
· Enter process order and material movements and maintenance work requests into the SAP ERP system.
· Lead emergency response teams in HazMat incidents
· See Production Supervisor job description for additional detail.
· Review and approve employee time cards
Provide vacation relief for the Logistics and Materials Supervisor including the following:
· Review production plans and MRP data to verify raw material availability.
· Supervise material shipping and receiving operations.
· Stage raw materials to meet production requirements
Assist with coordination of construction projects in manufacturing areas (issue safe work permits, coordinate equipment schedules for maintenance) and process change-over and start-up activities (shift coverage, maintain task lists, cleaning activities, training, documentation, etc.).
Assist with trouble-shooting and resolution of process and equipment problems as they arise.
Maintain specified process and equipment documentation including KPI, equipment logs, etc.
The following knowledge and proficiency skills are required for this position to be acquired through a minimum of a high school diploma/GED (some college hours preferred), and at least 5 years of relative experience in FDA. EPA and OSHA regulated chemicals manufacturing. In addition, the following skills are desirable:
Good written and verbal communication skills, along with team oriented management skills.
Understand chemical processes and equipment operations under his/her supervision.
The ability to properly prioritize simultaneous events.
Computer familiarity with Kronos, SAP, SOP View, Process Control Systems, AIMS, and other software to assist in day-to-day activities.
Organization: *AMRI Springfield
Title: Relief Supervisor
Requisition ID: 1001601
EOE Protected Veterans/Disability