John Deere Reman Electronics Skilled: Solder Technician in Springfield, Missouri
Performs circuit board repair operations in a team environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work is not closely supervised.
Maintains a safe work environment.
Details are dependent on duties assigned but in general consist of the following:
- Reads and follows work instructions or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Follows IPC Solder Standards
- Removes and replaces faulty components on printed circuit boards.
- Performs intermediate assembly tasks, suchas,cleaning, epoxybonding,conformalcoating, on parts and assemblies.
- Submits accurate build card data for production/quality records
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area for safe operation.
- Regular attendance is an essential function to perform this job.
TYPES OF MACHINES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED OR OPERATED:
Varies by specific duties. Includes but is not limited to: hand or power tools, solder irons, heat guns, test stands, gages, riveters, arbor presses, ovens/freezers, manual pallet jacks, fixtures, templates, clamps, and various other hand tools and equipment.
Work is performed mostly in a controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to conditions suchas: dust, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures—for short periods of time is possible. Employees will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of Haz/Com regulations and requirements. They are required to follow safety policies and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
Sitting 80%, standing/walking 20%. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, and use hands and fingers.
SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED is recommended.
- Solder experience is recommended.
- Able to identify printed circuit board components by name.
- Able to read and understand technical drawings, anddatasheets.
JohnDeere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.