Benson Industries, Inc. Field Service Technician I in St. Charles, Missouri
MiTek is hiring a Field Service Technician to troubleshoot and repair MiTek machinery by traveling to customer sites, handling inquiries over the phone, and providing customer service in the office. This individual will train customers on proper operation, maintenance, and repair of MiTek machinery by performing the following duties:
- Provide part number identification for all current production machinery.
- Provide basic technical support for all current production machinery.
- Provide customer training on proper machine operation and maintenance.
- Provide technical support for traveling Customer Service Technicians.
- Log all phone calls in tracking database (HEAT).
- Follow up on all logged calls within 5 business days to determine the status of the call.
- Comply with established procedures for sales order entry, returned goods authorizations (RGAs), engineering change requests, and phone call tracking.
- Obtain signature from customer at the end of the service call or installation.
- Be available for occasional overnight travel.
- Submit service call reports and, sign off sheets within 5 business days of trip completion.
- Complete monthly expense reports.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Education: GED
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of QAD MFG/PRO Manufacturing software; Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word; PLC Software - LM90 and VersaPro preferred; Cybersort and Computer networking.
- Experience:5 plus years of experience in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Other Requirements: Machine electrical experience, mechanical experience, basic welding, and ability to read and understand prints and schematics.
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tracking Code: 462-253
Job Location: St. Charles, Missouri, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular