St. Mary's Good Samaritan Team Leader - Plant Operations in St. Charles, Missouri
- Demonstrates the philosophy of the sponsoring religious congregations, through the SSM Health Care values and tenets of integrated health care, while providing leadership and demonstrating innovation within the health care ministry.
- Promotes teamwork by maintaining positive and productive intra and inter departmental relationships; and utilizes effective conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Collaborates with physicians and other members of the health care team to assure alignment of the distinctive patient experience and provision of quality and safe care.
- Achieves departmental employee engagement through:
- The effective and just processes to select, develop, coach, manage and evaluate team members.
- Continuously eliciting employee and team participation and involvement in the development and implementation of the departmental plan related to the provision of distinctive patient services and the provision of quality and safe services within the department;
- Development of the team members;
- An open and effective work environment that provides the resources and supports team members in their ability to perform their job responsibilities to the best of their abilities;
- Communication of departmental outcomes compared to expectations;
- Recognition and celebration of individual, team and departmental achievements; and
- Availability and accessibility to individual team members.
- Assesses and assures selection, coaching, development and alignment of the team members work with achieving departmental plans based on organizational expectations.
- Serves as a resource to the team in the provision of patient care services. Manages the intra and inter departmental boundaries as appropriate to accomplishing the departmental goals.
- Accesses, utilizes and communicates departmental progress through available clinical and decision support tools.
- Assures team is operating within the approved fiscal human resource and operating plans; organizational expectations; and regulatory requirements.
- Provides ongoing communication and feedback to director regarding progress and barriers to achieving departmental results.
- Provides professional leadership by directing and organizing staff
- Promotes optimum efficiency and effectiveness through continuous quality improvement
- Promotes professional and optimal maintenance of plant equipment, buildings, and grounds utilizing proactive methods
- Maintains staffing levels and supply inventories within budget
- Ensures staff provides excellent customer service through communications, personal example and meeting departmental customer service standards
- High School plus specialized training (minimum of 6 months)
- Technical Experience: 3 years to 5 years, Supervision: 3 years to 5 years
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – St. Charles –
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - St. Charles is a 433-bed hospital offering highly-specialized care for critically ill patients. The hospital excels in many areas, including open-heart surgery, cardiac catheterizations, trauma and emergency services, sleep medicine, obstetrics, surgical services, oncology, vascular surgery, orthopedics and gastroenterology.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Organization: SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – St. Charles
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Charles-SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – St. Charles
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – St. Charles (0002) 300 First Capitol Drive St. Charles, 63301
Job: Facility Operations
Req ID: 19501812