Intertek Technician III - Building Science Solutions in St. Louis / Kansas City, Missouri
Technician III - Building Science Solutions
Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Technician III to join our Building and Construction team in St. Louis / Kansas City, MO .
Ranked #17 on the 2017 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Technician III will support the Building and Construction business by conducting entry level testing projects on a variety of building products under direct supervision until signed off to perform testing independently. We’re looking for a technically inclined candidate who will follow and enforce all safety requirements and company policies while providing exceptional customer service.
· Manage all assigned jobs through QEST (proposals, job progress, job notifications, invoicing, documentation of test data, reporting, job closure)
· Review and thoroughly understand contract requirements, and obtain authorization for and document any deviations
· Coordinate test schedule with equipment schedule and other department testing
· Track and condition test specimens
· Set-up/mount and perform standard tests on building products in accordance with referenced specifications and procedures
· Check calibration status of test equipment prior to testing
· Analyze test results and write accurate and concise test reports that summarize the test procedures and results
· Communicate with clients regarding test preparation, procedures, and results
· High School Diploma or GED, Associate’s Degree in a technical field preferred or equivalent related experience
· General construction/carpentry knowledge and experience using power tools
· Technical competency to understand and communicate test procedures, specifications, and results and possess a mechanical aptitude
· Familiarity or ability to learn Quality Assurance policies and procedures which relate to the control, storage, and disposition of test specimens
· Physical ability to routinely lift at least 50 pounds
· Physical ability to sit, stand, crouch, bend, climb stairs and ladders, crawl, push, pull, etc. as required to perform job duties
· Ability to follow directions and work under supervision
· Excellent customer service skills
· Strong communication skills – both written and oral
· Good computer skills using Word and Excel, and AutoCAD if applicable
· Valid Drivers’ License and clean driving record
· Ability to travel as business needs dictate
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Auto req ID:
State or Province:
St. Louis / Kansas City