Washington University of St. Louis Analyst Financial /Project Management II - Medical Oncology - 41874 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Medcine, Division of Oncology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position assists investigators in the development and maintenance of budgets for clinical trials in the Division of Oncology. May be responsible for numerous research studies simultaneously, acting as a liaison with the sponsoring agency, billing compliance, and various departments outside of medical oncology to establish pricing and a billing plan for procedures outside the scope of standard medical care.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In conjunction with the trial PI, performs an in-depth review of new clinical trial protocols and investigator initiated concept studies to identify all potential study related expenditures. Distributes information to the study team and other pertinent departments as dictated by the protocol to ensure the proposed budget accurately depicts the requirements of each department. Prepares the initial protocol budget utilizing internal budget format.
- Negotiates with the trial sponsor when discrepancies are identified between our internal budget proposal and the sponsor’s proposal. If required, work with the sponsor to transfer budget information into sponsor’s budget format. Maintain regular contact with the sponsor in order to ensure timely approval of the budget and completion of the final contract.
- Performs continual reviews of study protocols and budgets for changes in procedures or requirements when the trial has undergone an IRB approved amendment.
- Performs a line by line review of the final clinical trial agreement or amendment to ensure the contract includes an accurate budget and acceptable payment terms based off of general billing compliance guidelines. Follow up with the sponsor or their designee to make appropriate changes as needed.
- Works closely with the hospital billing compliance office to verify an accurate Medicare coverage analysis has been performed for the clinical trial.
- Develops documentation tools to assist the research staff in scheduling and billing patient procedures correctly.
Equivalent of BS in business/ accounting related field with more than 5 years of experience in finance/budgets and business management areas.
- MBA or related advanced degree; a minimum of 2 years of clinical research experience.
- Working knowledge of techniques and methodologies used in developing, coordinating, and managing clinical research projects with working knowledge of database management.
- High level of proficiency in use of computers and spreadsheets.
- Requires strong fiscal and analytical skills, acute attention to details and an ability to develop effective business relationships.
The hiring range for this position is $47,029 - $59,987 annually.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Analyst Financial /Project Management II - Medical Oncology - 41874
Job ID: 41874
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time