Washington University of St. Louis Anesthesiology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Anesthesiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position assists investigators as a coordinator, technician, and analyst for a moderately complex clinical research study; may be responsible for multiple research studies simultaneously, acting as a liaison with the school, sponsoring agency, community and the study participants; responsible for managing and recording all phases of study protocol as required by sponsoring agency to ensure compliance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists PI and routinely implements and manages all phases of study/protocol; ensures compliance with protocol guidelines and requirements of regulatory agencies; establishes record-keeping systems; makes assessments and determinations of participants’ progress in the study; analyzes, investigates, and reports adverse events; makes decisions as when to notify physicians of issues, when to stop participant inclusion, and/or to make and/or recommend adjustment of the protocol of particular participants; resolves IRB/protocol management issues and recommends corrective action as appropriate; serves as liaison with funding or sponsoring agency.
- Recruits and enrolls study participants; participates in making determinations of eligibility based on diagnostic criteria and/or observations/analysis in participant interviews; develops informed consent packets for study participants and confers with participants to explain purpose of study and obtain completed informed consent packets. Works well in a team environment. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask.
- Routinely collects electroencephalographic data and neuroimaging data under clinical research protocols. Administers tests of cognition and/or evaluates all lab and clinical assessments to ensure they are completed in a timely manner. Assists in analyzing data and in coding analysis scripts.
- Routinely ensures timely completion of all protocol requirements (assessment, lab testing, procedures and treatments) to include scheduling and facilitating the patient’s timely completion of protocol requirements; evaluates and interprets collected clinical data in conjunction with PI as appropriate; prepares oral or written presentations or reports and analyses setting forth progress trends and provides recommendations or conclusions of the same.
Bachelor’s degree required; a combination of relevant work and education equaling 4 years may substitute for this requirement
- Prior work experience in clinical research support is highly preferred.
- Technical or engineering background with interest in neuroscience and clinical research.
- HIPAA training.
- Demonstrated ability to implement protocol procedures, conduct research, and record and present findings, and interest in pursuit of advanced education in field.
- Technical familiarity with MATLAB, computers, and coding, is ideal.
- Clear communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and interest in brain function, sleep, anesthesia, or consciousness.
The hiring range for this position is $41,662 - $52,104 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Applicant Special Instructions
Works in clinical/research environment, including the intensive care unit and operating room setting. Some early mornings, evenings, and weekends are required.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Research Coordinator I - Anesthesiology - 39976
Job ID: 39976
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time